“Pricey, but Delicious!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Kerrville, Texas
“Pricey, but Delicious!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

My husband and I are visiting friends in Fairfax, and three of us came here for lunch Saturday. There was a very small wait and we were seated. The restaurant itself is beautiful, and the staff was impeccably dressed. They all looked pristine and were very helpful. Our waiter built great rapport, and was very knowledgeable and efficient.

I had the mango chicken salad, my husband had the grilled chicken pasta and our friend had the shrimp roll sandwich with fries. All were around $16, which is pretty pricey for lunch, but it was delicious. Seriously. It was so good. We couldn't get enough. The complimentary bread and butter was amazing as well.

We really enjoyed our experience, albeit the high prices, and would definitely go back... If we lived here!

Centreville, Virginia
“Can't go wrong with any of the Great American Restaurants”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

This whole 'chain' is excellent - the service is always fantastic and the food is always excellent. Coastal Flats specializes in seafood and the specials are usually the what we go with because they are really, really good. Ordering off the menu is fine, too, you won't be disappointed!

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Vienna, Virginia
“Great food for the price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

I got to say this was very good. We had about a 15 minute wait until our beeper they gave us went off. Then we had to wait about another 5 minutes while they cleared a table. Once we got seated, the waitress came right over and told us the specials, market prices, and took our drink order. We decided to not get an appetizer today, but did get the lobster roll for myself and my husband and my son got the shrimp and grits. I loved the lobster roll. The corn was so good. As for my son, he liked his, but I would not like the cajun spice they put in the shrimp and grits. We did not get dessert. I would go back!

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Chino, California
“Best Meal of the Vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

This restaurant was without a doubt the best choice of all our evenings out. A great location and parking was close, Coastal Flats is popular with the Fairfax community with good reason. The decor was open and very clean, staff were very pleasant, very attentive and quick to meet your requests.
The menu was just outstanding, great selection with something for everyone. Be sure to ask for extra bread, that first basket is going to be gone quickly.

Visited September 2013
“Great lobster roll, and the fritters are heaven!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

Coming back home, my wife and I were looking for a place that had a good lobster roll. Well Coastal Flats had that and a whole lot more! Tucked in near Fair Oaks Mall, in a fabulous town center, my wife had her concerns. She doesn't like chain restaurants. Well this establishments food is all prepared fresh, so fresh, they don't allow to-go orders! Fritters were out of this world, with a sauce to die for! Corn salsa with a red pepper sauce, a super light breading that was devoid of any grease what so ever! Lobster bisque was tasty and ripe with lobster. Her shrimp cocktail was an interesting dish, almost a civeche, which made it even fresher and better! Her Smoked Salmon was cooked perfectly and couldn't have had anymore flavor than what that chef imparted to it! The lobster roll dish, for 19 dollars, was packed with lobster and delicious, a bargain compared to other places we have gone. See Alexa on the deck for a key lime martini! She, and the rest of the staff, are knowledgeable and attentive, which is a pleasure when you are trying a place for the first time. Chain or no Chain, Coastal Flats is at the top of our dining list from now on, and will frequent it regularly!

• Visited September 2013