“You gotta try the salmon” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 345 Restaurants in Fairfax
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
“You gotta try the salmon”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

We had heard about this place while staying in Fairfax so we decided to check it out. The area where the restaurant was located reminded us of cute little town square. Parking was an issue (some spots mark 1 hr others 2hrs). I had called earlier in the day about reservations, which they dont take. The nice girl on the phone asked what time we maybe there and told me to call 45 minutes before we were coming to put us on wait list. We actual forgot to call and ended up calling on the way there she said not to worry and put us in. We arrived gave our name and we were seated right away. I enjoyed the atmosphere and wait staff. The worked as a team and backed each other. Even when taking orders which was great. Were were given these cute little rolls which reminded us of more of warm donut holes sweet and warm. The calamari had a good spiciness and I had the smoked salmon which melted in your mouth. The portions were wonderful. Enough to share of each others plates. This place was great for families or a couple like us .

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Greensburg, Pennsylvania
“Excellent Food and Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

We went on a Friday night around 5:30 and didn't have to wait for a table and the service was great. I had the Grilled Chicken & Havarti Cheese sandwich with fries and I have to say it was amazing. I would definitely eat here again.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Terrible customer service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

Me and my co-students from my medschool in Denmark and some american friends of mine went there to grab a beer while waiting 20 minutes for our movie to start at the nearby cinema. As we are european we have different ID-cards and the woman behind the bar wouldnt accept it, only passports. This is not unfamiliar to us so we had diet coke while our american friends had beers. There was only two bar chairs available so some of us were standing, and my friend asked me to hold her beer as she dropped her wallet on the floor.

I held the beer, NOT drinking it, and the bartender who refused our IDs came up to me instantly and yelled "You cant drink that!" and pointed at my face. I explained and told her I was only holding it, but she interrupted me and repeated "you cant drink it!". I gave the beer back to my friend (who had picked up her wallet), and the americans told us to tell the manager that this bartender was being very rude towards me.
So this american friend of mine went to the manager and told him that she was being rude and interrupting me, and he walked to the bartender, told her something, laughed and then they both looked at us and some other bartenders came, they chatted and looked at us again and giggled.
This is not how you treat customers. I feel like I was treated like a 17 year old brat while in reality I was a 24 year old peaceful medicine student just having a diet coke. We werent making trouble or anything, we just stood there and chatted like normal people.

In addition we were trying to eat there prior to that episode - we got seated and we sat there for 45 minutes waiting to order, not even getting drinks. I felt like I was being ignored because we were younger than the average customer at Coastal Flats.

Im never going there again, Im sure their food is great but their customer service is beyond terrible.

• Visited July 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Pikesville, MD
“Good food great service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

While enjoying very tasty grouper fingers we noticed the appetizer ordered never came. We brought it to the waiters attention and the manager as well as the waiter immediately apologized and offered to comp the dish as well as dessert. Good food and great customer service.

Visited August 2013
Fairfax, Virginia
“Great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

This is a chain in the Virginia area, but not like what you might think of when you think chain restaurant food or service. First, call ahead. No reservations but you can call 25-30 minutes prior to when you show up and you are moved ahead of those just walking in the door. The service is amazingly good. The servers treat you as a valued customer and not someone who is taking time away from them talking on their iPhone. Food is wonderful. Hot when supposed to be hot and cold when cold and seasoned perfectly. The lobster bisque is a family favorite and served everyday at Coastal Flats, where it is a "special" at some of the other restaurants in the group. Attention to detail and the customer is a plus when enjoying an evening out.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere