“Best Crab Cakes” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Fresno
“Best Crab Cakes”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

One of the restaurants that Our hotel recommended was Coastal Flats. When I saw Crab Cake on the menu I decided this would be my choice. my wife ordered the fish of the day which was Grouper. She loved her Grouper and my Crab Cake was outstanding. If you are in Northern Virginia I would encourage you to give them a try. We did and we were very happy.

• 5 of 5 stars Food

85% Recommend
Virginia
“Really bad rib eye”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

We really like Coastal Flats and have tried just about everything on their menu. STOPPPPPPPP.....except for the rib eye marinated.........very tasty............LOTS OF FAT which rib eye has......my rib eye was tasty. Could I chew it....barely....Oh, I ordered medium........could I find another piece of meat after the first square........YES........SCORE.........then nothing. For $29 it was the worst piece of steak I have ever had. Coastal Flats needs to make apologies before their unsuspecting guests order this dish.

The sea bass is wonderful, the ribs delicious, the appetizers so good...so what happened to the most expensive dish on their menu?????and why did our wait person guide us to it???? Their mojitos are NOT to die for....but OZZies Italian mojitos are.

Usually the food here is acceptable but not this time. Wanted to really appreciate the rib eye but COULD NOT.

SYLVIAROSEVA

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania
“Best American Food Ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Okay, so it's the second wealthiest county in the nation (Fairfax) and I would expect goodness but this was spectacular food. Heavens! Steaks like marshmellows, giant crab cake chunks, crispy, thick coleslaw, giant side salads, sauces like perfume with a mixture of ingredients us normal folk only see on TV (Tabasco used with lavender and other stuff for a fish sauce?!). And, it happened to be my Mom's 90th birthday and the free dessert platter with mixed treats, a candle and beautifully scrolled "Happy Birthday" was a delight. It's a huge dining room and it can be loud at certain service times but if you are in the area, try it.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“A bump in service.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I am a avid fan of Coastal Flats and the Great American Resturants (Silverados, Arties, Sweetwater, etc), especially when I have guests from out of town. Fairfax Corner is a great place in summer - movie theaters, pinkberry, fountains for the kids to run through. Pleanty to eat and very clean. Saturday night took out my wife's family, visiting from abroad. The spinch and cheese dip and firecracker crab appitizer were "excellent" - according to my Brother-in-law. I had a bowel of Lobster Bisque - not as rich as usual but still very good. My poor son waited over 20 min to get his soup because of "a recipe problem". A rep came over and told us "I am so sorry" and promised us a free dessert. My wife and her sister shared a shrimp roll and the crabcake dinner. Both excellent. I had the special - Alaskian Salmon with a watermellon type sauce. It was ok, a little too "wild" for my taste - I much prefer their steak "filet" dish or if you're lucky enough to find it the "tequola lime tips" are a classic. Ask for it, even if not on menu. So why the negative review - served dessert with no spoons (bread pudding is delicious), son was served soup late and he still had to wait 5 minutes for a spoon (what happened???). Lastly, I usually don't accept "free desserts" if I feel the problem was accidental. In this case, too many issues so we ordered the dessert. To my surprise, the bill included the dessert. I paid it and left very dissappointed that the rep didn't have the curtisy to come check back or inform the waiter of her offer. Will I be back - yes, my wife loves it and Ozzies in Fairfax Corner (Italian, same owners).

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Toronto, Canada
“It's alright.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Perhaps because I was sitting at the bar alone, I was kind of ignored a bit. I had some of their drinks, and ordered an appetizer - some kind of chips or nachos with cheese or something. Would I go here again? Perhaps if a friend invited me. I wouldn't go alone though. Perhaps I didn't enjoy it because I'm not used to the people around here, which I find to be a bit reserved and not loud enough.

• Visited April 2013