“Good food & Drinks -- worth the trip” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Wilmington, Delaware
“Good food & Drinks -- worth the trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

This location is set in a nice little shopping area and has a great outside area to sit in during nice weather -- especially for happy hour and some snacks! The food is very good and a nice variation on the menu, although perhaps slightly on the higher side of moderately priced, and the menu isn't that large.

Recommended for a group of friends or even a special evening with that special someone.

Plan to wait for a while if going at prime time during nice weather.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

84% Recommend
Arroyo Grande, California
“Great food & service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

We had dinner at this restaurant a couple of days ago and had an excellent experience. I wasn't sure I would need a reservation for a mid-week occasion but I made one anyway since I don't like to wait for dinner. In the end, I was glad that I did since the place was buzzing when we arrived at about 5:30pm, particularly the bar area that was filled with excited patrons.

The food was delicious and the wait staff was very attentive to our needs, sometimes anticipating our requests before we even made them. We had the chicken salad and crab cake dinners and would order the same meal again, and recommend it to anyone. Although we didn't have dessert, Coastal Flats has some really sweet concoctions as post-dinner fare.

We've been to this restaurant before, as well as the Coastal Flats in Tyson's Corner, and will return for both the great food and excellent service.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Reston, Virginia
“OVER RATED!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

It was mobbed, and there wasn't a single item on the menu that appealed to me. I don't understand why this is so popular-the food is typically over-complicated american cuisine. I prefer simpler cuisine.

Woodbridge VA
“Loud, mediocre food, quality has gone dwonhill....”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

This used to be our family's favorite gathering spot. No more. Our latest meal was our last. Too bad...the food used to be really good. But even on an early weeknight the service was innattentive, the food was average at best. The noise level was bad even though the place was half empty. Our fish dishes just didn't measure up to previous visits, though we've noted a downward trend lately....not having dishes in stock, not having breads available, etc. We'll stick with Mike's or try another Great American....we're done with Coastal Flats.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
New York
“Excellent tuna”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

This was our 1st time at Coastal Flats and the food was excellent. My husband and I shared the ahi tuna appetizer and it was phenomenal with the tuna seared perfectly! I ordered the drunken rib eye and it was mouth watering. The chef charred it just right.

Visited March 2013

Been to Coastal Flats? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Coastal Flats, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.