“Server could have made it 5 stars.” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Falls Church, Virginia, United States
“Server could have made it 5 stars.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

I love Red Lobster so much that every year it has become a birthday tradition for me and my friends (even the non seafood lovers) to go there for my birthday dinner (July 10th or as close to it as possible).

This year for a number of reasons it turned out to be just me and my sister. The food was as fabulous as ever but unfortunately the experience was tainted by an unfriendly and rather rude waitress. This was extremely disappointing as I've always had wonderful experiences in the past - not only at this location, but also the former Falls Church City location (which I miss terribly), as well as the Manassas location (which is now more of an in between point where a number of us can meet).

My mouth still waters every time I see a Red Lobster commercial and I can't wait until my next visit. I just wish I could have given an Excellent review - which it would have been had we not had such a grouchy waitress. She cost this visit one star.

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Good Seafood”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

Red lobster is a typical American restaurant . You can have good service and good food. Try shrimp nacho..,

Columbus, Ohio
“Red Lobster, Fairfax”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

I visited this restaurant last week. I started off with a lobster bisque. It was very good. Then, I had the Admiral's Feast. You get a lot of seafood here. The atmosphere is very relaxing. Some things on the menu can be pricey for being a chain. If you want fresher seafood, I recommend one of the local restaurants. Phillips in Washington comes to mind. Red Lobster is priced along the same lines as Phillips, but the seafood is not as fresh. However, if you are in Fairfax and don't want to go into the District, this is a nice alternative.

• Visited May 2012
Teesside, UK
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

The food and service were excellent. And the cheese scones that came with the meal were amazing. I ate about 9 of them *blush*

Visited April 2012
Washington DC
“Remodel Gives a Fresh New Look”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2012

Recently remodeled, this Red Lobster has a clean, more streamlined look but has still managed to hang on to the cozy atmoshpere that -- in addition to lobster and other seafood promotions -- makes this a popular spot. On a recent vist, we got in just before the wait line started. On weeknights there's usually room on the lobby benches for those waiting for a table. Expect some standing room only on weekend nights. Staff members are friendly and helpful. I sense a good staff-training program in the background as the service is uniformly friendly and good. Tasty house made biscuits arrive with your drink order and it's tempting to dive right in, polish them off, and ask for more, which your server is happy to give you. Hold off a bit though and save room for the salad (moderately sized) and entree (generously sized). You can choose how your seafood is prepared, ask for sauces on the side, and select a side that will help keep the calorie count within reasonable limits. Or you can bust out and go for the coconut shrimp and fries! Either way, you'll get a tasty, freshly prepared meal. It might not meet gourmet standards, but it definitelly meets good food standards. Room for improvement: the sides weigh in a bit heavy on the carb side with rice and several varieties of potato (baked, mashed, fried) and one green vegetable --- brocolli. Red Lobster could improve here by taking a cue from Ruby Tuesday's, which I had nicknamed Brocolli Central, and which has recently expanded its vegetable side offerings to a wider array of fresh, tasty and imaginative dishes. Roasted spaghetti squash is one of my favorites at Ruby's. Red Lobster is a good choice for couples, families with kids (who love gazing at the live lobster tank in the lobby), and anyone who is looking for a good meal at a reasonable price (especially during regular promotions).

• Visited March 2012