“Upscale Italian flair but gourmet artwork to eat” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Villa Mozart is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 349 Restaurants in Fairfax
Cuisines: French, Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Main Street (Route 236)
Fairfax, Virginia
“Upscale Italian flair but gourmet artwork to eat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

This is definately a nice quiet small place in town that offers seasonal dishes that are upscale flare for the foodie. Displays are worth the price of admission. I must admit I did not have the pasta rhis visit but I have had it and it is homemade. The sauces are rich and usually a unique creation of the chef. I had the quail stuff with rabbit sausage. Quite good. My friend had pork loin which was more tough for my taste. Quail was tender. Risotto good.

• 4 of 5 stars Food

Fairfax Station, Virginia, United States
“WHAT A DISAPPOINTMENT”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

My girlfriend and I decided to go all out for New Years, and Villa Mozart had received, from what I found online, excellent overall reviews. Upon being seated at the restaurant, we were rudely greeted by a stone faced waiter who supplied us only with a "new years menu" which required us to order 3 courses from a set menu. This fixed menu was not advertised online and therefore I felt conned into spending far more money than I had originally intended. The waiter then proceeded to pester us (at least 4 times) to place our orders, hardly giving us time to read the food descriptions and leaving us feeling extraordinarily uncomfortable and rushed. He literally stood over the table while we finished deciding what we wanted. The food was far from satisfactory. I order a penne and lobster in which the lobster was barely even visible and tasted less than fresh---unacceptable considering I paid probably aboutat least $30 for it. I would never suggest this restaurant to anyone, an enormous waste of money and terrible experience.

• Visited January 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Expensive, but excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

We went to this restaurant for our anniversary dinner. The restaurant is on a somewhat expensive side (a dinner for two, with wine, tax and tips, added up to $160), but excellent in everything, from bread and butter and to main course. We had polenta porcini sout and octopus for appetizers, and they were outstanding, and truffle chestnut tortellinis and rabbit sausage stuffed quail. All of them were excellent. For a worthy occasion, it is a very good place.

• Visited December 2012
Reston, Virginia
“Great Find - Great Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

We met friends at Villa Mozart for a birthday celebration. This was our first time eating at Villa Mozart and it will forever be on our list. The service and food were perfect. The ambience is comfortable and relaxing. The staff are very attentive and seem to know when to show up or stay away. The only challenge is the parking which was a tight fit for our full size car. Nonetheless, it is not an issue but be cautious.

We highly recommend this place for a great dinner.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Fairfax, Virginia
“Outstanding Little Restaurant Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Villa Mozart never serves a bad meal. The ambience, freshly prepared Northern Italian menu by the owner/chef, and impeccable service make this place a delight for any special occasion or even a quiet lunch. The menu changes seasonally. The wine list is extensive and outstanding.

• Visited November 2012