“Joe's has GREAT food!” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
“Joe's has GREAT food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

I don't have a Joe's near where I live so I always look around for one when on a trip. Luckily this one was on my way from DC so we had to stop. Food and service was awesome just like the other's I have ate at. The food is a bit on the high side but when you look at the quantity of seafood you are getting it really is a pretty good deal.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

68% Recommend
Boston, Massachusetts
“First time, sad there are not any near me !!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

I have been seeing commercials for Joes on tv for a long time but do not have a location near me. So when my daughter and I were planning a trip to DC we found out there was one right accross the street from our hotel in Fairfax VA. We went on a Sunday night, we were greated enthusiastically from a hostess right away, they sat us at a table and asked if we had ever been there before. We said no so they gave us a run down of how things worked and what to order. I ordered a New England Clam Bake bucket and it was fantastic, two lobsters, clams, corn, patatoes etc. All of the food was cooked well and tasted delicious, my daughter got a crab leg bucket and I shared some of that as well. The service was fantastic !! They only problem was that I probably ate 10 pounds of food !! Really sad there is not one near me !

Visited April 2013
Manassas, Virginia
“Good family seafood dinner, fun atmosphere many choices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

This was our first time there, it was a different experience for sure. Fun and pleasant greeters, a bit loud but you get used to it. The service was pretty good, not the place for a romantic evening for sure, but above average deals and seafood yes. We had the seafood pots( Citrus Spicy Pot and the Artic Bay) a good portion of food for the dollar. Well prepared and above average flavor. We enjoyed it as something different, a bit pricey but good for every now and again visit.
Definitely better then Red Lobster and similar places or chains.
Dinner for two with a appetizer coupon, about 70 dollars. Not bad.... we both were pleased and will go back. Go to the internet site for a decent coupon. Don't have small children anymore, but they do have a kids play area as well.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Average at best”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

Nothing outstanding. Got the grilled lobster, back wrapped scallops and bacon wrap scallop. Lobster under cook, bacon entrees overlooked. Lot of choices but preparation of food underwhelming.

Washington DC
“Your average chain seafood place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

Quite an expensive place for the atmosphere and quality of the food. Lobster was tough, salmon and vegetables overcooked. When spending this much money, I'd prefer to eat somewhere without a roll of paper towels on the table and kids running everywhere. My brother ordered fish and chips where were clearly soggy and dripping with grease. I think red lobster is a better choice.

Visited December 2012

Been to Joe's Crab Shack? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Joe's Crab Shack, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.