“Good family seafood dinner, fun atmosphere many choices” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Manassas, Virginia
“Good family seafood dinner, fun atmosphere many choices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

This was our first time there, it was a different experience for sure. Fun and pleasant greeters, a bit loud but you get used to it. The service was pretty good, not the place for a romantic evening for sure, but above average deals and seafood yes. We had the seafood pots( Citrus Spicy Pot and the Artic Bay) a good portion of food for the dollar. Well prepared and above average flavor. We enjoyed it as something different, a bit pricey but good for every now and again visit.
Definitely better then Red Lobster and similar places or chains.
Dinner for two with a appetizer coupon, about 70 dollars. Not bad.... we both were pleased and will go back. Go to the internet site for a decent coupon. Don't have small children anymore, but they do have a kids play area as well.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Average at best”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

Nothing outstanding. Got the grilled lobster, back wrapped scallops and bacon wrap scallop. Lobster under cook, bacon entrees overlooked. Lot of choices but preparation of food underwhelming.

Washington DC
“Your average chain seafood place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

Quite an expensive place for the atmosphere and quality of the food. Lobster was tough, salmon and vegetables overcooked. When spending this much money, I'd prefer to eat somewhere without a roll of paper towels on the table and kids running everywhere. My brother ordered fish and chips where were clearly soggy and dripping with grease. I think red lobster is a better choice.

Visited December 2012
Fairfax, Virginia
“Bring a Fire Extinguisher for your Table”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

OMG! Without a doubt, the WORST we have ever eaten. Everything, no matter what you order, is so spiced that it's almost inedible. Shrimp, hush puppies, lobster, even mashed potatoes. How can mashed potatoes be so spicy that you can't figure out what you're eating?? I went through almost three glasses of water and a beer - when we walked out my tongue was literally burning. Not sure how anyone cooking these things can even reasonably believe it's tasty. I will say the onion rings, salad, and string beans were not spicy, but my guess is they must have run out of whatever they were putting in this food. I had the opportunity to fill out a survey on the receipt and get a free $7.00 appetizer for our next visit. It could be worth $50 and I wouldn't go back. They should supply a fire extinguisher for each customer who walks in the door. NEVER EVER EVER AGAIN.

• Visited December 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“wanting more”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

I'm from NY and been hearing about Joes for the longest time so when I came to DC my friend took me. although my meal was good looking it lack quantity and my shimp was not divined that was a big issue for me. was not what I had expected at all.

Visited December 2012