“Average at best” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Average at best”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

Nothing outstanding. Got the grilled lobster, back wrapped scallops and bacon wrap scallop. Lobster under cook, bacon entrees overlooked. Lot of choices but preparation of food underwhelming.

Washington DC
“Your average chain seafood place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

Quite an expensive place for the atmosphere and quality of the food. Lobster was tough, salmon and vegetables overcooked. When spending this much money, I'd prefer to eat somewhere without a roll of paper towels on the table and kids running everywhere. My brother ordered fish and chips where were clearly soggy and dripping with grease. I think red lobster is a better choice.

Visited December 2012
Fairfax, Virginia
“Bring a Fire Extinguisher for your Table”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

OMG! Without a doubt, the WORST we have ever eaten. Everything, no matter what you order, is so spiced that it's almost inedible. Shrimp, hush puppies, lobster, even mashed potatoes. How can mashed potatoes be so spicy that you can't figure out what you're eating?? I went through almost three glasses of water and a beer - when we walked out my tongue was literally burning. Not sure how anyone cooking these things can even reasonably believe it's tasty. I will say the onion rings, salad, and string beans were not spicy, but my guess is they must have run out of whatever they were putting in this food. I had the opportunity to fill out a survey on the receipt and get a free $7.00 appetizer for our next visit. It could be worth $50 and I wouldn't go back. They should supply a fire extinguisher for each customer who walks in the door. NEVER EVER EVER AGAIN.

• Visited December 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“wanting more”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

I'm from NY and been hearing about Joes for the longest time so when I came to DC my friend took me. although my meal was good looking it lack quantity and my shimp was not divined that was a big issue for me. was not what I had expected at all.

Visited December 2012
Woodbridge, Virginia, United States
“Classics done well”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

My wife and I shared a marriage retreat date while watching our college alma mata play on the big screen. We shared a classic for two. Having never been to a joe's crab shack, we asked our server for suggestions and directions which he helpfully provided. The tricks on eating crabs and how to use the tools were welcome. Don't be afraid to ask directions. The food was excellent and a good value for the money. We came away full but not stuffed with crab legs, shrimp and sausages along with corn on the cob and potatoes satisfying our taste buds. We'll be back.