“wanting more” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Takeout
New York City, New York
“wanting more”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

I'm from NY and been hearing about Joes for the longest time so when I came to DC my friend took me. although my meal was good looking it lack quantity and my shimp was not divined that was a big issue for me. was not what I had expected at all.

Visited December 2012

68% Recommend
Woodbridge, Virginia, United States
“Classics done well”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

My wife and I shared a marriage retreat date while watching our college alma mata play on the big screen. We shared a classic for two. Having never been to a joe's crab shack, we asked our server for suggestions and directions which he helpfully provided. The tricks on eating crabs and how to use the tools were welcome. Don't be afraid to ask directions. The food was excellent and a good value for the money. We came away full but not stuffed with crab legs, shrimp and sausages along with corn on the cob and potatoes satisfying our taste buds. We'll be back.

Manassas, Virginia
“Great Atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Took hubby there for his birthday. We started with drinks and ordered the crab nachos, they were really good. For our entree, hubby ordered the new Arctic Bay and I ordered Joe's Classic. Both were delicious and well seasoned. This was my hubby's first time at Joe's and I am sure we will be back. As I stated it was his birthday and yes the staff sang happy birthday (Joe's Crab Shack version) to him. We passed on dessert because we were both very full. But next time hopefully I will leave room. Overall, great food, great experience and service.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Virginia
“Great Place to Share Odd Items”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I've been here twice recently and both times my daughter and I have gravitated to the steampots. The first time we ordered up the KJ steampot which had snow crabs, scallops and mussels along with corn on the cob and potatoes. You have to like mussels (which I do) and crab (which my daughter does) to choose this pot. It's a little light on the scallops (which we both love). The next time we decided to try the Santolla steampot. Again it had mussels, but the New Zealand green lipped variety. They are meatier, but have less of the mussel taste that I like. The Santolla steampot also had King crab, clams, shrimp and smoked sausage along with the corn and potatoes. Both pots were easily enough to feed the both of us and let us try foods we never cook ourselves.
The service was great and this particular restaurant looks like it can pack in the crowds. I'll end up going back and maybe at some point I'll venture away from the steampots, but not until I try most of them.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Henderson, Nevada
“Good meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

Typical Joe's evening, in every respect. Lots of families, birthdays being celebrated, same food quality. Had the wahoo sandwich and my boyfriend had the coconut shrimp. he asked for corn on the cob and it never came, but we weren't billed for it. We were tired after traveling, so in and out, and back to the hotel in under an hour. Pleasant evening..

Visited September 2012