“Great experience!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Bellissimo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 346 restaurants in Fairfax
Cross street: Main Street and University
Fairfax, Virginia
“Great experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

After driving past this place for 15 years, I finally took my girlfriend here on a Saturday night. We got great service, the food was wonderful. The restaurant is small and intimate, but I would say it is a great date night restaurant.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

83% Recommend
Fairfax Station
“Average because of the price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

I hate to write an average review for a place that 1) is so very friendly 2) serves good food. Both are true. So why the average review? Because I thought the prices were too high for the quality of food. We had 2 glasses of wine, 2 salads and 2 entrees. The bill was $120. I thought that was a bit steep for what we ordered.

I cant complain about the food or service. Both were very good.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Melbourne, Florida
“All Around Excellence”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

While visiting Fairfax I wanted to take friends out for a pleasant evening an our experience at Bellissimo was most pleasant. The ambiance is relaxing with muted opera arias in the background, the service was outstanding with a waiter very informative about specials and accommodating to requests. Each salad and entree was attractively plated and very tasty. The variety of the specials offered added substantial interest to the standard menu. The overall quality for the evening was excellent. One recommendation for improvement-- the wine list is very limited and pricey. A greater variety do choices should be available.

Visited September 2013
Burke, Virginia
“Outstanding evening”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

Really enjoyed our first visit! We went for a special occasion and was not disappointed - appreciate the many reviews as they helped our decision. My wife had the house salad with goat cheese - fresh throughout and not overloaded with dressing. I had the mushroom soup that deserved the many accolades.

Entrees were the meat ravioli and the red snapper - well prepared, seasoned appropriately.

A fine evening - we will definitely return!

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Fairfax, Virginia
“A Fine Italian Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

We have been going to Bellissimo numbers of time and have never been disappointed with our dining experience. Last night, my wife and I had one of the best meals, with fine service and with a romantic ambiance. I started with a muscle/escargot appetizer in a buttery, well seasoned sauce to die for followed by an entree of assorted seafood in a beautifully matched rich sauce over pasta, one of the evening's specials...superb! Our portions were so generous that dessert was out of the question this time.

Though on the pricey side, the dinner, service, and dining environment were well worth it.

• Visited July 2013