“Outstanding evening” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Bellissimo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 346 Restaurants in Fairfax
Cross street: Main Street and University
Burke, Virginia
“Outstanding evening”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

Really enjoyed our first visit! We went for a special occasion and was not disappointed - appreciate the many reviews as they helped our decision. My wife had the house salad with goat cheese - fresh throughout and not overloaded with dressing. I had the mushroom soup that deserved the many accolades.

Entrees were the meat ravioli and the red snapper - well prepared, seasoned appropriately.

A fine evening - we will definitely return!

• Visited September 2013

83% Recommend
Fairfax, Virginia
“A Fine Italian Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

We have been going to Bellissimo numbers of time and have never been disappointed with our dining experience. Last night, my wife and I had one of the best meals, with fine service and with a romantic ambiance. I started with a muscle/escargot appetizer in a buttery, well seasoned sauce to die for followed by an entree of assorted seafood in a beautifully matched rich sauce over pasta, one of the evening's specials...superb! Our portions were so generous that dessert was out of the question this time.

Though on the pricey side, the dinner, service, and dining environment were well worth it.

• Visited July 2013
Vienna, Virginia
“Hidden gem!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

After driving by this place several times, we decided to wander in for an early Sunday dinner. So glad we did! The food was outstanding and the service was warm and efficient. The special spinach salad with fresh fennel, walnuts and a simple lemon dressing signaled the kitchen knows how to showcase ingredients. The special halibut with artichokes and tomatoes lightly sauced was one of the finest seafood dishes I've had anywhere. My teens thoroughly enjoyed their pasta dishes, which were both ample and delicious. Even without the lovely murals of Venice, the dining room, with its formal white tablecloths and draperies, reminded us of our travels in Italy. Bellissimo? Indeed.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Washington, DC
“If I was rating just the food, it's a FIVE.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

The staff argues too much, right in the open dining area in front of patrons.

"No cinnamon on the cappuccino, I told you, no cinnamon!", for example.

I had perfect linguini with lobster, scallops and shrimp in a wonderful pink sauce that took me back to Italy.

The ambiance is very nice, and somewhat formal.

The house cabernet was very full bodied and complex.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Virginia
“Excellent evening enjoying a vegetarian meal with amazing service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

Had an excellent anniversary dinner. We decided to try the vegetarian meal (5 courses). I would recommend coming very hungry because we were both full by the time we got out of there almost 2 hours later. It was abosuletly the best restaurant that I have been to yet. There is free parking less than a block away... we noticed the staff were above par, and I never saw the bottom of my glass of water. The Tiramisu was so good that it topped off the evening with that and coffee. It is great for groups as we had a group come in after us and the atmosphere was excellent and no issues hearing each other. Though the only possible negative is the fact that it is small bathrooms. I made a reservation and I forgot to mention it when we walked it. They were open a few minutes before five - :) I plan to go back soon! I hope this review gives everyone a good over view and they asked if we had any allergies/problems before starting the mystery vegetarian 5 course meal!

• Visited May 2013