“If I was rating just the food, it's a FIVE.” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Bellissimo Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 332 Restaurants in Fairfax
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood, Pasta
Good for: Romantic, Doing business, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Main Street and University
Description: Bellissimo Restaurant, Fine Northern Italian Cuisine, is a family owned and operated restaurant located in the heart of Historic Old Town Fairfax, Virginia. We serve lunch and dinner. We love having special parties and can hold up to 65 people. We can do a special event any day of the week at any time! We offer discounts to people going to the Fairfax Symphony and George Mason Center for the Arts.
Washington, DC
“If I was rating just the food, it's a FIVE.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

The staff argues too much, right in the open dining area in front of patrons.

"No cinnamon on the cappuccino, I told you, no cinnamon!", for example.

I had perfect linguini with lobster, scallops and shrimp in a wonderful pink sauce that took me back to Italy.

The ambiance is very nice, and somewhat formal.

The house cabernet was very full bodied and complex.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Virginia
“Excellent evening enjoying a vegetarian meal with amazing service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

Had an excellent anniversary dinner. We decided to try the vegetarian meal (5 courses). I would recommend coming very hungry because we were both full by the time we got out of there almost 2 hours later. It was abosuletly the best restaurant that I have been to yet. There is free parking less than a block away... we noticed the staff were above par, and I never saw the bottom of my glass of water. The Tiramisu was so good that it topped off the evening with that and coffee. It is great for groups as we had a group come in after us and the atmosphere was excellent and no issues hearing each other. Though the only possible negative is the fact that it is small bathrooms. I made a reservation and I forgot to mention it when we walked it. They were open a few minutes before five - :) I plan to go back soon! I hope this review gives everyone a good over view and they asked if we had any allergies/problems before starting the mystery vegetarian 5 course meal!

• Visited May 2013
north carolina/virginia
“Wonderful restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

We dropped in without a reservation on a Sunday evening when we were in the area and luckily were able to be seated. The food, the service, and the ambiance all were excellent. Years ago when we lived in Fairfax we used to go to a pizza place that was in this same location and were so pleasantly surprised to find such a wonderful dining experience now located there. I had the halibut and my husband had the veal -- both were specials of the day -- and both were delicious. We were made to feel so welcome and can't wait to have another excuse to drive to Fairfax to enjoy a meal there.

• Visited April 2013
Virginia
“Been many times, and will continue to go back :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

This small restaurant opened quite a long time ago, but it took me a long time to stop in.

My first visit was for Mother's Day dinner with my wife, Mother and son. We were seated at a somewhat private window seat which was nice.

The appetizers were all very good. The main courses, which we normally share when we go out, were well portioned, cooked correctly, and tasted wonderful.

When it came time for dessert, all in my party seemed too full for dessert, but I ordered three anyway, and an espresso.
The tiramisu, was a portion for two, and perfect. It went well w/ the espresso. The strawberries were fresh and tasty. The third was scarfed before I had a chance to try it, but was told it was excellent.

We have gone back since, and will continue to to enjoy the great food here.

• Visited August 2012
Fairfax, Virginia
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

What we love about Bellissimo is that each and every time we come here the meal and service is consistency great. My veal dish, which is presently the picture highlighted for Bellissimo on tripadvisor was excellent. The carrots were delish and so too the green beans. My wife had a shrimp dish which she loved. Everyone seemed to thoroughly enjoy their meal. Also loved the cannoli and chocolate mousse for dessert. Only complaint I'd have about this place is we wish it was bigger so that they would have more room as depending on which table you get, can be confining.

• Visited February 2013