“Wonderful restaurant” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Update restaurant details
Reserve with OpenTable
Update
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 339 restaurants in Fairfax
Cross street: Main Street and University
north carolina/virginia
“Wonderful restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

We dropped in without a reservation on a Sunday evening when we were in the area and luckily were able to be seated. The food, the service, and the ambiance all were excellent. Years ago when we lived in Fairfax we used to go to a pizza place that was in this same location and were so pleasantly surprised to find such a wonderful dining experience now located there. I had the halibut and my husband had the veal -- both were specials of the day -- and both were delicious. We were made to feel so welcome and can't wait to have another excuse to drive to Fairfax to enjoy a meal there.

• Visited April 2013

85% Recommend
Virginia
“Been many times, and will continue to go back :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

This small restaurant opened quite a long time ago, but it took me a long time to stop in.

My first visit was for Mother's Day dinner with my wife, Mother and son. We were seated at a somewhat private window seat which was nice.

The appetizers were all very good. The main courses, which we normally share when we go out, were well portioned, cooked correctly, and tasted wonderful.

When it came time for dessert, all in my party seemed too full for dessert, but I ordered three anyway, and an espresso.
The tiramisu, was a portion for two, and perfect. It went well w/ the espresso. The strawberries were fresh and tasty. The third was scarfed before I had a chance to try it, but was told it was excellent.

We have gone back since, and will continue to to enjoy the great food here.

• Visited August 2012
Fairfax, Virginia
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

What we love about Bellissimo is that each and every time we come here the meal and service is consistency great. My veal dish, which is presently the picture highlighted for Bellissimo on tripadvisor was excellent. The carrots were delish and so too the green beans. My wife had a shrimp dish which she loved. Everyone seemed to thoroughly enjoy their meal. Also loved the cannoli and chocolate mousse for dessert. Only complaint I'd have about this place is we wish it was bigger so that they would have more room as depending on which table you get, can be confining.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Springfield, Virginia
“Very Good Italian Fare”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

My wife and I went here for our anniversary dinner. We were immediately and warmly greeted by the accommodating staff. The meal was very good. My wife enjoyed the homemade ravioli with stuffed with veal and served with quail. I had the seafood linguini, which was exceptional. Having lived in Italy for three years, the food was very close to authentic Italian fare found in restaurants in Italy. Our server was very nice and ensured that we were well cared for. The surroundings are small and intimate and well decorated. It was rather expensive so I would not recommend as a place to take the family; however, I would definitely recommend as a location to celebrate a special occassion.

• Visited December 2012
Burke, Virginia
“Great food, Great service, Great time all the time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

The food is always great. We have gone there for the past 5+ years for my parents anniversary or other special days. The staff is always warm, welcoming, knowledge and friendly. I can't say enough good things about this place. Highly recommend it.

• Visited December 2012