“Wasn't Impressed; but haven't written them off the list” 2 of 5 stars

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
The Old Firestation #3
3988 University Dr, Fairfax, VA 22030 (Formerly The Old Firestation)
(703) 383-1030
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #239 of 346 restaurants in Fairfax
Cuisines: American, Greek, Italian
Bristow, VA
“Wasn't Impressed; but haven't written them off the list”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

We visited the Firehouse Grill to celebrate our friend's birthday in the month of February. Our Filet Mignon were 'blackened' - and we ordered them medium rare. They to fix the problem and failed again, with one guy trying to convince us that a ribeye is better than a filet mignon. My wife gave up - and I decided to eat what came out - which was just a degree above raw, rather than raising a complaint again and interrupt the festivities. Haven't been back since then - and it has become a bit of a joke among our friends when we are planning another get together.

On the positive side, the manager on duty did try and comp us our meals - but, I insisted on paying for the food we did eat. He did apologize and stated it was an off night for the restaurant. I may give them another try - namely because it looks like a great restaurant.

Visited February 2012

44% Recommend
Fairfax, Virginia
“Pleasantly Surprised”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2012

We are always looking for somewhere new to eat. We are not bar fans so I won't comment on the bar/drink atmosphere or quality. When we arrived, we were greeted with cheery "hellos". It happened to be $1 taco night. My husband ordered 8 of them...four hard and four soft...they were very good and filled full. I ordered the shrimp fettucini; it was also very good, actually I was impressed with the quality of the shrimp. Our waitress was great and stopped by several times to see that everything was alright...it was. Then the owner or manager stopped by to see if everything was okay....it was. The only reason I did not give it 5 stars is because I always go to places twice.....next time I want to try their meatballs. It's cozy and quaint and a decent menu selection. I look forward to going back.

• Visited February 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Fairfax
“Greatest little bar in Fairfax City!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2009

I have been a regular at this bar for about a decade ever since I started attending their weekly open mic nights while going to the GMU, the university next door.
I have seen this bar go through several owners and the current owner is great. She repainted this old Firehouse station and has made the decour quite nice considering the building owners won't allow some changes to be made.
Most of the bartenders are very friendly and quite good as they regularly compete in "fastest bartender" competitions.
The food is generally quite good for the prices. Don't miss the chimy changa!
With poker, live music on the weekends, open mics during the week, and special events, there is always something going on to entertain you while you enjoy your drinks.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
fairfax
“I love the firehouse grill!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2009

The service is great, the food is wonderful and JO! JO is why I GO!!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Centreville, VA
“This place sucks”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2008

I went there to see my friends band play. There were easily 75 - 100 people there. They had one bartender there until about 9pm. This guy could barely keep his head above water. The patrons actually cheered when the second bartender showed up.

I have been to this dump three times to see live music, and every time they are understaffed. The food is mediocre at best. Couple that with the nonexistent level of service and this place is somewhere you should avoid at all cost.

Been to The Old Firestation #3? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage The Old Firestation #3, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.