“Pleasantly Surprised” 4 of 5 stars

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
The Old Firestation #3
3988 University Dr, Fairfax, VA 22030 (Formerly The Old Firestation)
(703) 383-1030
Cuisines: American, Greek, Italian
Fairfax, Virginia
“Pleasantly Surprised”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2012

We are always looking for somewhere new to eat. We are not bar fans so I won't comment on the bar/drink atmosphere or quality. When we arrived, we were greeted with cheery "hellos". It happened to be $1 taco night. My husband ordered 8 of them...four hard and four soft...they were very good and filled full. I ordered the shrimp fettucini; it was also very good, actually I was impressed with the quality of the shrimp. Our waitress was great and stopped by several times to see that everything was alright...it was. Then the owner or manager stopped by to see if everything was okay....it was. The only reason I did not give it 5 stars is because I always go to places twice.....next time I want to try their meatballs. It's cozy and quaint and a decent menu selection. I look forward to going back.

• Visited February 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

44% Recommend
Fairfax
“Greatest little bar in Fairfax City!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2009

I have been a regular at this bar for about a decade ever since I started attending their weekly open mic nights while going to the GMU, the university next door.
I have seen this bar go through several owners and the current owner is great. She repainted this old Firehouse station and has made the decour quite nice considering the building owners won't allow some changes to be made.
Most of the bartenders are very friendly and quite good as they regularly compete in "fastest bartender" competitions.
The food is generally quite good for the prices. Don't miss the chimy changa!
With poker, live music on the weekends, open mics during the week, and special events, there is always something going on to entertain you while you enjoy your drinks.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
fairfax
“I love the firehouse grill!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2009

The service is great, the food is wonderful and JO! JO is why I GO!!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Centreville, VA
“This place sucks”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2008

I went there to see my friends band play. There were easily 75 - 100 people there. They had one bartender there until about 9pm. This guy could barely keep his head above water. The patrons actually cheered when the second bartender showed up.

I have been to this dump three times to see live music, and every time they are understaffed. The food is mediocre at best. Couple that with the nonexistent level of service and this place is somewhere you should avoid at all cost.

fairfax
“beware of the tip monster”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2008

I had a great time playing poker but the bartender was rude. I arrived before 7pm for poker on a saturday night and opened a tab at the bar. 2 beers and 4 hours later I go to close my tab only to find out that they have a $10 min on credit cards. Like most people I rarely carry much if any cash. My tab was only 6 bucks and gladly offered to tip the rest to make at least $10. He said they couldnt because it had to be $10 before tip or anything. Finally I got one more drink and paid my $11 something tab with no tip added. Keep in mind this is not the bartender I opened my tab with 4 hours prior and I had tipped the first guy a couple bucks on the beers I ordered from him. A few min later the second bartender confronts me while I'm watching the final table I had just been knocked off of in 7th place. He wants to know why I didnt tip him and proceeds to tell me to leave because I didnt tip him. I asked for his manager and he brought back a bouncer. Does this guy really think he deserves a tip for handing back my credit card and forcing me to buy another drink just to get it back and then having me kicked out of the bar. This is not the kind of service that brings people back.

Been to The Old Firestation #3? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage The Old Firestation #3, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.