“Great waiter...and their website does not work for comments” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #86 of 348 Restaurants in Fairfax
Cuisines: Coffee Shop, Diner
travelingmomma
“Great waiter...and their website does not work for comments”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Okay, I don't ever review chain restaurants because we don't often eat in them and I prefer to support small businesses. I tried to post a comment on IHOP's crap website and it just does not work! IHOP your way to big a company to have a broken website. Spend some money on IT as it reflects badly on you when things are broken like any company!

Back to review. The waiter we had at IHOP was so shockingly good that I told him he should consider working at another restaurant! No, I don't think people at IHOP should have sub-par service and at this IHOP I have gotten decent service many times but Italio was so impressive that everyone except the kids commented.

Italo was friendly, asked good questions about how we wanted our food which I have previously not been asked and usually forget to request like crispy bacon or just done, over cooked hash browns or just cooked, extra cream on the crepes? These are simple but make a difference when your eating. He had many tables to attend as the place was maybe 80% full but still got to us quickly and kept our drinks re-filled.

The food was what is usually is so good enough to keep us coming back and something the kids request.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Toronto, Canada
“Ihop - What else is New”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

This is your standard Ihop. It's good, there's nothing wrong with it. It isn't exceptional, but it's very good, and every single time I've gone, the service is very quick.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Fairfax, Virginia
“IHOP....breakfast...lunch..late night...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

What can I say? Everyone knows IHOP for breakfast especially for pancakes...I don't like pancakes so I have eggs...sandwich or omelet or over easy..always ask for crisp hash browns and light toast.

Visited January 2013
Washington DC
“Reliable and good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

IHOP seems to always be busy. It's not hard to see why. This cheerful chain restaurant delivers good food at decent prices and is a good place to take the family. Pancakes are the trademark dish and worth getting, but there are lots of other dishes as well, including fluffy crepes with lingoberry butter. IHOP also serves good lunches and dinners. It's simple, uncomplicated good food that you dont' have to dress up for. We enjoy this restaurant for breakfast --those crepes are very good--and have also had good lunches here. Wait staff are well trained, prompt and friendly and the restaurant is always clean.

Visited November 2012
Seven Corners, Virginia
“IHOP is IHOP”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

This is your standard, run-of-the-mill IHOP. I know what to expect & I almost always get it. I usually come to this particular one on Sunday afternoon. There seem to be no wait during that time, as I've yet to be not seated immediately. My personal favorites are garden suffed crepes, grilled chicken ceasar salad, and omlettes. The latter is usually made with pancake batter and I ask 'em not to add it as I, ironically, hate pancakes. :) Don't bother ordering steaks there, can't cook 'em properly. Also, I have to consistently send my beak potato soup back to have cheddar and sour cream added to it. They specifically describe it like that in the menu, but never bring it out loaded.
And yes, the atmosphere is mostly old people and young families with screaming babies. I usually ask for a spot away from people, but then you risk to be ignored by wait staff and not have your drinks refilled.

• Visited April 2012