“Disappointingly bland” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Buffet
Northern VA
“Disappointingly bland”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

I like my spices and didn't enjoy the lunch buffet as much as at other Indian restaurants (Curry Mantra esp). Less flavorful than I had hoped.

Fairfax Station, Virginia
“Sunday buffet was a great experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Chitanya, who grew up north of Mumbai until he was15, told my daughter and I about Minerva. His family would drive up from Woodbridge to have a family gathering at Minerva. My wife. My youngest son, my daughter and Chitanya went on 2-10-2013. On a 1-10 scale it was a 12!! Such a large variety to choose from and the employees were very polite and attentive when we asked questions. I love Indian food and this,ace has over 25 items on the buffet so anyone can find something they enjoy.
What was surprising was the fruit desert with an icy yogurt over fruits. It was so chilled it reminded me of ice cream.
I will definitely be coming again, and again. Bon appetite!

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Virginia
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

This place is great. We visit regularly, mainly for the fantastic buffet. The only problem with the buffet is that I cannot stop eating. The food is fresh and spicy. Get there when the buffet opens or you will have a wait. Dinners are also OK, but the service can be spotty. The restaurant does not look too clean, but the food is always outstanding.

Visited November 2012
“The Indian buffet for Lunch is a must go”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012 via mobile

We attended the indian buffet that they offer for lunch and this is excellent value for money. You can help yourself with more than 20 different indian dishes and a couple of indian-chinese dishes. The food is good, which is also witnessed by the presence of many patrons which where of indian origin. The set up is simple (paper towels and no tablecloth) but what gets in the plate compensate for it. For 2 adults+2children plus 2 sodas we got 51usd (excluding tip).

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Virginia
“Pretty disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

I was prepared to really like Minerva, since an acquaintance who is of Indian descent thought highly of it. Honestly, the food wasn't as good as other local Indian restaurants we've been to. The rogan josh and the lamb boti kabob were both overcooked and very dry, even with the sauce on the rogan josh. The vegetable samosas were tasty but had very little filling in them. The maitre d's kept coming over to ask how the meal was. We were lukewarm with our answers, but they kept asking as if they asked enough we would change our minds. There was a large pull down screen in the front of the restaurant showing an Indian TV show, and a flat screen on a wall playing the same sort of Bollywood-TV show, which was very distracting. We thought maybe it was movie night at the restaurant. It's not a sports bar, but patrons couldn't help but turn their eyes toward the TV, even though they were there ostensibly to have a nice dinner.

• Visited March 2012