“Nice owner” 3 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Annandale, Virginia
“Nice owner”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

The restaurant was average, but the owner seemed nice.

64% Recommend
Manassas, Virginia
“Great food in a quiet corner of Fairfax”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

Lunched with a girl friend, and was really impressed with their 3 course lunch special for $9.99 served within 15 min to support the working lunch crowd - my baked cod, jasmine rice, and grilled asparagus were wonderful, the waiter was sensitive and responsive to my concerns over my food allergies, and my request for fruit vs a desert brought a lovely bowl of perfectly cut fresh fruit. It was so good I brought my husband the next night - his macadamia crusted cod with crab risotto was fabulous, my burger was melt-in-you-mouth tender and juicy, and once again they were glad to substitute fresh fruit for the fries that would normally have been served with my meal. I enjoyed a Brooklyn Brown Ale, and my husbands 2010 7 Oaks Cab was surprisingly good (we're usually disappointed over wine when we dine out, but not tonight!) While the food is served beautifully (upscale American), the atmosphere is relaxed, the service is attentive, and the prices won't bust the bank. We enjoyed the original watercolors that are displayed along the walls. The bar was a definite after-work hangout (it was much more crowded even at 6:30pm than the restaurant), and overall had a fun vibe. We'll go again!

Visited March 2012
Manassas, Virginia
“Enjoyable for lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2012

We had been to this restaurant in the past but it had been a number of years because it's an area that we don't get to frequently. Well, we were in the area and decided to try it again. We remembered the food as being okay but not that memorable.

On this occasion I tried the Reuben and spouse had the Caesar Salad. The server was new and there was some difficulty with that but he was trying hard. Due to service miscue management comped the Caesar. Always a nice gesture.

Spouse has not had a very good appetite recently and devoured her Caesar. Enough said!

The Reuben was HUGE! I could have done with half which is what I did. More on that later. The sandwich was a bit gunky which is one problem with this type of sandwich. More Thousand Island dressing than I normally like but otherwise it was very good. One way I evaluate a restaurant that serves fries is the quality of the fries. I usually like crunchy fries, the crunchier the better. These were not that type but were delicious. Tasted very fresh, not oily, lightly salted and tasted like potatoes.

The 1/2 sandwich I took home stayed in the fridge for a couple of days. Spouse and I decided to share it for a snack. Heated it up for about 10 minutes in a 350 degree oven and it was delicious. My experience is that sandwiches don't keep very well and the meat usually goes to the dogs. Not this time! Basically, had a second meal out of the first.

Overall a good experience. Lot's of soups and salads on the menu that I don't remember from years past. Looking forward to going back.

• Visited March 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Fairfax, Virginia
“Valentines Day dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2012

This was the second time we went here the first was 10 yrs ago. We went for Valentines Day and had to take our 19 months old daughter. They had a price fix dinner that you could pick from 4 or 5 choices from apperitizers then entrees and dessert. They also served a great Tuscany bread with pesto and oil to start with when we were waiting for the dinner to be served. They were very nice and accomodated us with a homemade child cup with a lid and straw made from a takeout soup bowl. Our daughter proceeded to work the room going from table to table letting everyone hold her. She is very small and looks like a doll so everyone always wants to touch and holdher. One older man said it made his Valentines Day to see her. Everything we ordered was very very good. It was an excellent night starting from the time we walked in and the matre de welcomed us and wished us a Happy Valentines Day to the time we left an hr later with happy and very full bellys. This is not a family type place but, they do accomodate. It would be a great place for a date night or just a nice dinner out with a spouse or a group of friends.
Excellent food and very tenative wait staff. They also had a bar there. The dress is casual but, not jeans and a tshirt maybe jeans and a button down shirt would be good or dressier.

• Visited February 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Alexandria, Virginia
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012

My husband and I love to go here for a special occasion. The host is always very nice, as well as the waiters. I like the atmosphere, it is relaxing but elegant. The food is always superb. I especially love the bread with a unique oil/cheese blend for dipping. Every entree we have ordered we have enjoyed. I have ordered the seafood pasta, scallops, and steaks before and always enjoyed them. I'm not sure if they still have the same seafood pasta on the menu that they used to have, since it's been a little while since I've been there, but I remember it being exceptional! We go every year for my birthday and I'm looking forward to April and another beautiful meal there. Highly recommended!! Oh, and we tried the Sunday brunch once and it was good but not great, and we didn't think it was worth the trip. Aside from the brunch - we love this place!!

• Visited April 2011