“Pretty good food and service” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Romance
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Centreville, Virginia
“Pretty good food and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

Had garlic bread, calamari, salad, pasta and dessert. The food was good, not amazing but definitely better than the chain Italian restaurant in the same shopping center. The servers did stay on top of the drinks and clear the table in a reasonable amount of time. The deserts were the only disappointment.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Not to be missed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012 via mobile

I love this place. Their meatball sub available during lunch is the best ever. Sunshine pasta is one of the best veggie pasta ever..whoever I have taken to this place has loved it and kept going back again and again and again! Love this place..ambience is the added advantage of this place!

Vienna, Virginia
“Understated, excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

We ate there Saturday night about 5:30 p.m. We did not need a reservation. Didn't know what to expect as we'd never eaten there before. The restaurant was quiet and lovely. All the servers and other personnel were extremely polite and kind. The food was wonderful. Eggplant parmigiana was the best I've ever had. Tilapia with a crabmeat in a fresh tomato sauce was excellent. Also great was the baked ziti. This is probably the best Italian restaurant we've been to in Fairfax County. The couple next to us had a baby in a high chair and we'd heard it is child-friendly.Most of the entrees are $14-23. There's bread and a side salad. Highly recommended.

• Visited April 2012
Manassas, Virginia
“Reliably Good Italian!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2012

I'm not a fan of chain restaurants or fast food - we're glad to have found a good, local family restaurant. We've been going to Cantina D'Italia for many years - we have our favorites there (Chicken Parm for my husband, Chicken Piccata for me), and it's hard to change as it's always good. The ambiance is intimate yet fun, and the service is friendly. My husband, an Italian who's very picky about his tomato sauce, feels this is the best in the region, and we're happy when we go there. It's one of the few places you can still make a reservation, and the china, silverware, glasses, napkins, and bathrooms are consistently clean. It's our go-to place with friends and family, and we hope they stay in business for many years to come!

• Visited January 2012
Fairfax, VA
“Future visit not very likely”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2012

My husband and I went here for our New Year's Eve dinner. We had seen the place many times and always throught that we should try it. I made a reservation several days ahead of time to ensure that we had a good table. We arrived 10 minutes early and were seated right away .. in the back by the kitchen and bathrooms. Our table was right on the corner and we had everyone and his brother walking by our table the entire time. I guess making a reservation did not have any impact. Upon being escorted to our table, we were given only one menu. While we received water on time, we had to wait a bit for the server. Once she arrived we ordered the house wine and asked for another menu. A few minutes later the wine arrived. We had to ask if there were any specials .. apparently there should have been a specials card on our table .. which there was not. So again we needed more time to peruse that. When the server came back a third time we were ready to order. The menu says entrees come with salad and bread. When we enquired about soup, we were told we could have that instead of salad ... why was that no listed on the menu? The house pinot grigio was quite good as was the bread. The vegetable soup was good, the salad was swimming in vinegar - so ask for that on the side. I ordered veal parm which came with spaghetti. They did not drain the spaghetti well, so I ended up with a lot of water on the plate, which made my veal soggy and the red sauce quite lack luster. Needless to say I was disappointed. My husband had a veal dish with a lemon sauce. He said it was just OK. The server never came back to ask if everything was OK. At the end of the meal I mentioned the watery plate I was served and the server apologized, but the manager never came by or anything. A return visit does not look likely at this point.

• Visited December 2011