“Chicken Marsala” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Fairfax, Virginia
“Chicken Marsala”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

I have eaten here several times with each time being just as good as the first. Their chicken marsala is an excellent dish that I really like. The calamari is also great! Gina, the waitress I had the day I went there to eat speaks Italian and is very attentive to her customers! The limoncello ice creme I had afterwards was excellent. A must place to eat when visiting this area.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

86% Recommend
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Still fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

I used to eat at this restaurant years ago when I worked in the area. I always loved their spaghetti carbonara, and the pickled carrots and salad dressing on their salads. I returned here this week and was pleasantly surprised. The same great food, the same waiters/waitresses but.....a HUGE renovation of the dining room which was beautiful. On the outside, it still looks the same, I think it used to be an old dairy queen or something, but the inside now looks like a really nice upscale restaurant. I can't tell you how nice it looks. Don't let the outside fool you, this is a really nice upscale restaurant with FANTASTIC food.

Visited August 2013
Oakton, Virginia
“Pretty darn close to Grandma's cooking”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Growing up in an Italian household spoiled me for eating in Italian restaurants. Every meal is compared to "how Grandma used to make it." Most Italian restaurants fail miserably in the comparison. Well, the folks at Esposito's must have Italian grandmothers of their own. The food is clearly made fresh, with subtle seasoning nuances that remind me of home. This is not a fancy place so don't expect fancy if you go. The ambiance is family friendly and the service is adequate. The reason to go is for reasonably-priced very delicious food.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Warrenton
“Wonderful service, try the margarita pizza!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

I went to a luncheon here and the staff couldn't have been nicer. They were accommodating and generous.
My favorites were the Margarita pizza and the meatballs. Both were absolutely fabulous.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Disappointing and poor service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Staying in area vacationing and had taste for Italian. We chose to be seated outside. Our first disappointment was to see that our table had not been cleaned from the previous customer. It took 15 minutes before the waiter arrived to our table to order our drinks and water (which glasses were small and only refilled once). it was difficult to capture the attention of staff members as they moved about so quickly. We waited longer than usual for the bread basket followed later by our food. Several pieces of lettuce in our salad had brown slimy spots on them. The entrees were tasty as they make their own pasta. Our daughter had the tilapia which the fillet was very small for the price paid. Our waiter never came to our table to ask how everything was or to see if we needed anything. When the salads and entrees were served, they were place on the table quickly and the servers turned around and left quickly. The best service we rec'd was the moment we put our fork down, the table was cleared quickly. Our visit was late in the evening and the outside seating was full. It was disappointing to see staff from the inside restaurant standing around the cashier talking and laughing while waiting for our food so long. Very disappointed in service, food, and prices.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere