“A Nice Family Restaurant” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Greenville, South Carolina
“A Nice Family Restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

My wife, sister and I wanted Italian food for dinner and we found Esposito's and enjoyed ourselves.
The service was good (almost too fast), but very friendly and nice.
The food was delicious, hot and full of taste. The house wine was good too
All in all a very nice place for a good home cooked meal.
We'd good back.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Burke, Virginia
“Family italian dining”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Great little place if you want a traditional italian dinner without a lot of fanfare. This place is a classic diner style but offers down-to-earth italian goodness. My wife was crazy for the canneloni and my mom had the italian sausage and peppers. She said they were the best she had. I had the frutti di mare and it was quite good. I ordered it with the fra diavolo sauce that kicked it up a notch. My sons had the cheese ravioli and mussels and they were satisfied with their choices. No frills but a great meal. We'll be back.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Winter Haven, Florida
“Basic but good Italian food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Great place for taking the family. Very basic and simple restaurant (no frills). The food is good and the prices are very fair. Took the family and we all had a nice meal.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Washington DC
“New decor, same great food and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

For fans of the lovingly well-worn look of this neighborhood favorite, the new (and not yet finished) decor may feel a little too bright and new and modern. White walls and uncurtained windows present a clean, minimalist look that feels a bit empty. But take heart. The red checked tablecloths are still in evidence and there are signs that wall murals will soon soften this new look. What has not changed is the really good food and thoughtful, friendly service. Hubby had a mixture of calimari and clams with lingiune (advertised on the menu with a red sauce, but our waiter obligingly offered to bring in a white wine sauce). I had the tilapia picatta, a fresh twist on veal or chicken piccatta, served with artichokes and caper and lemon sauce. All entrees come with a salad already dressed with the house dressing -- I expect you could ask for a variation on this as the kitchen is very accommodating. A basket of slice bread, crunchy crust, chewy dense interior and butter round things out nicely, though you could wreck your eating plan with the bread. It's almost impossible to stop at just one slice. For dessert we shared a frozen cappucino pie topped with whipped cream and chocolate sauce. We like this friendly neighborhood place and enjoy bring friends along to share in the fun.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Northern VA
“Yummy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

I feel like my grandma's cooking for me when I go here. I love the clam sauce - yummy. My children love the lasagna and ravioli, always with a Shirley Temple. It's like I'm reliving my childhood!

Visited August 2012