“Great All Around Restaurant and Very Family Friendly” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Fairfax, Virginia
“Great All Around Restaurant and Very Family Friendly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

I have been going to Esposito's regularly for almost 20 years. Went last week. Going this weekend. There are times when I get bored with the food....go too many times. I think they have the best pizza in Northern Virginia. Wood pizza oven - you can order it crisper if you like. Sauce is just the right amount of tart versus sweet. I order with half the amount of cheese. Chicken dishes are exceptionally good. Love the Chicken Rosemary. They are in the process of a remodel/facelift...and so far it is looking great. Staff always friendly. Neighborhood gem!

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

St. Pete Beach, Florida
“It used to be better!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

We were craving pizza and remember how good this was a few years ago. The last time we were here was right after our trip to Italy. Well, it was just OK. We also had antipasto, which was very large and plenty for two to share. The draft beer came in frosty mugs, which was nice. I guess our search for pizza continues. I agree with other readers that the place could use some updating; which was apparently in progress.

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Burke, VA
“Love it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012 via mobile

We've been visiting Esposito's for more than 25 years. It is a wonderfully family style Italian restaurant than my whole family loves. The welcome is just like coming home to an extended family. The pizza, particularly the white pizza, is just fantastic. Salad is nothing special but almost every main dish is hearty, fresh and flavorful. The deserts are delicious although I'm almost always too full to do more than share. I'm glad I don't live closer or I'd weigh 400 pounds!

Richmond, Virginia, United States
“Avoid, Avoid, Avoid!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

My friend and I stopped there for a quick bite. First thing I noticed is that the silverware was not clean and there were crumbs on the side of the booth (actually, several booths). I wanted to try something different, something I'd never had before so I ordered the fried mozzarella with anchovies. It was completely over fried and saturated with oil, both from frying and the drizzle (gush?) of olive oil on the outside. 3 pieces of barely edible bread with one piece of cheese. The bread basket was cold and tasted stale. The salad was passable; however, the marinated carrots were amazing. The gnocchi was not homemade and were dense, tasteless blobs. The bolognese sauce was rather good, fine texture and tart. My friend had the fettuccine and cream sauce. The highlight of both meals...smooth and silk like on the tongue, buttery...but I felt it needed a bit more flavor. The one highlight of the visit was our waiter, he was courteous, pleasant and prompt in his service. The interior is probably still from the 1980's-- dark paneling, ugly booths and somewhat dirty looking. About 1-1/2 hours later, I had a terrible stomach ache and the next day, my friend got sick too. Will definitely not be visiting again.

• Visited April 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Oakton, Virginia
“Good food, good service, family atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012

The tables and booths are average and a bit worn - it can be loud - kids are encouraged - food is reasonably priced and good - service is spot on. Family atmosphere - they welcome you like you are their relative and tell you good bye when you leave.

• Visited January 2012