“Love this place” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Love this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

Whether is game day at the bar or girls day out, love this place. I have to confess, I go for the Warm Goat Cheese Salad which I could eat every day. All do the appetizers are fabulous though and will keep you happy at the bar for hours

91% Recommend
Fairfax, Virginia
“Great food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

I love this place. I love their trout, salads and their lobster bisque. The lobster bisque is one of my favorites, along with their banana pudding for something really rich and decadent. Definitely advise sharing the banana pudding or you WILL be sorry. The service is great. Love the brunch on Sundays also. Just a great atmosphere with great staff.

• Visited July 2013
Fairfax, Virginia
“Terrific Brunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

My friend and I had Brunch at Artie's on Sunday and we both enjoyed it. I had the blackened prime rib special and she had the fried chicken and waffle special.

I have had the blackened prime rib here before (which is huge and delicious) and figured "this is brunch, so it will be smaller" ... NOT so, it was the same size you get at dinner (on limited days) and just about the same price!! It was cooked medium rare, just as I requested, came with yummy scrambled eggs, bacon and perfectly cooked home fries. There was enough left over for my husband and I to share the beef with a dinner sized salad that night and I had the leftover eggs, etc. for breakfast yesterday.

My friend enjoyed the chicken and waffles ... it came with a special maple syrup and she took one of the two pieces of chicken home. The Mimosa and Bloody Mary were a good size and delicious as well.

As usual, the service was awesome ... we told the waitress that we were going to take our time and we were able to enjoy a nice "visit" despite the loud people at the next table. Why people talk so loud in a restaurant, is beyond me. This woman (who was visiting with the diner) was talking like she was at a baseball game! We sat on the "porch" which seemed to be a louder area than the main part of the restaurant, perhaps because the main dining room was not that crowded.

Excellent food and terrific service adds up to a lovely Sunday Brunch with a good friend ... thank you Artie's for always delivering!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Yummy brunch!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

My friend took me here for brunch while I was in town. I had the crab cakes which were awesome!! My friend had the French toast and she loved it too. My only complaint was the mimosa was way too pulpy for me. Other than that, everything was great and I will be back when I'm in town!

“Fantastic salad”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

Wonderful warm and tasty luncheon chicken salad, great service and relaxing, sophisticated atmosphere.