“Best pasta and tuna ever!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 343 Restaurants in Fairfax
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Doing business, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Since 1978, Fairfax City's most popular restaurant. Enjoy boathouse favorites surrounded by handcrafted wooden boat scale models and Jack Gable's view of Lake Winnipesaukee.
Wheeling, West Virginia
“Best pasta and tuna ever!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

This was seriously one of the best restaurants I have ever been too. I havr nothing to complain about. Our server was nice my mohito was great and my Louisiana Pasta was amazing. My boyfriend is an avid tuna lover and has had tuna at many different places and said this hands down was the best he has had. He even suggested stopping before we go back home!!!

Virginia
“Consistently Good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Artie's is my favorite for their crab cakes, lobster bisque, and salads. I have never had a bad meal there and I have been going there for years. Lunch is crowded so get there before noon or after 1:00 and call ahead if you can.

Visited January 2013
Fairfax, Virginia
“Great Food! Fantastic Crab Cakes! Steaks!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I have been going to Artie's for years....a bit pricey but the food is so worth it! The Prime Rib special on specific nights is more than enough for two. And the dogs love the bone! The crab cakes are my favorite...lots of crab very little filler....just enough to hold it together...the remoulade sauce is the perfect accompaniment to the cakes and the skinny fries. The cole slaw is chunky and tastes like slaw not mayonnaise.

The pan-fried trout with the lemon sauce is so fresh and tasty. Many love the Parmesan potatoes...me not so much...I usually get an extra bit of salad instead. The asparagus spears are JUMBO sized and not very tasty...to tuff for me. Other vegetable sides are really worth it. The steaks are always cooked to perfection and full of flavor as well as tender.
The salads are my favorites....field greens with walnuts, cranberries and I always add the goat cheese. The shrimp appetizers and Blue Fritter Crabs.....OMG. So very very good.

There is a secret dish...only if you ask will you be able to have it...not on the menu....it's Tequila Lime pasta with filet chunks. Just enough pasta...no so overwhelming it takes over the dish, which for me is the best of both worlds.

Artie's (Boats, Wooden) is part of Great American Restauants...Ollie's (Italian), Silverado (Old West Theme), Mike's (Bar and Grill), Carlyle Cafe ('fine dining') and Sweetwaters (just casual). Best Buns Bakery (BBB) makes the bread and Ozzie rolls (fried dough) all yummy! But be careful you can easily fill up on the bread before the meal which you don't want to miss...unless you choose a salad and soup of the day....Lobster Bisque...oh so very yummy! And so filling!

Bestest choice if you're in Northern Va....all are a great choice. No reservations but call ahead for a place on the list! Shortens the wait and since the bar is always full (can eat there too) you will be happier you called ahead.

Outdoor seating at Sweetwaters! Great for all types...families, solo, friends and couples!

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Meet someone special here.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

We always love to go back to Artie's because the food is good and it was where my wife and I met for our first Match.com date, several years ago.

Visited November 2012
Fairfax, Virginia
“Top Choice in Fairfax”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Artie's in our first choice when going out for a nice dinner. The food is absolutely delicious--we've yet to order anything that hasn't exceeded our expectations. The lobster bisque is so yummy! And the crab cakes are wonderful--just enough moisture to keep them together and still enjoy the taste of the crab! The waiters are attentive to every detail from start to finish, plus the decor is inviting and interesting. Definitely do call-ahead seating because everyone in Fairfax loves this restaurant! We give this 5 stars without question!

• Visited December 2012