“Real Turkish food.” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Old Lee Highway
Description: Temel Euro Mediterranean Restaurant which serves dishes from Mediterranean region includes from Turkey, Greece and Israel.
Northern VA
“Real Turkish food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

If you love Turkish food (or want to know why Lebanese food is so good - they got it from the Ottomans!), go to Temel. Small restaurant, out of the way, but terrific food. If the iskender is on the menu, order it. you won't be disappointed.

Visited September 2012

Washington, DC
“Going down fast...leftover Doner and pita fiesta..”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

This is my second review on this place...I really used to liked this place...Until the recent visit with family on Mothers Days..I realize that Doner kebab is done on weekends to ensure its freshness, but I would imagine on Mothers Day Sunday, they would have one too..I even asked waitress if that is the case, and she confirmed that it was..

However, top our surprise, and as we could easily taste, Doner was from leftover stick from previous night or Friday, dry and lacking taste..For a $19 dish with sliced meat and rice, this is outrageous..

In addition, pita breads that used to be their trademark as being baked there, was this time reheated, perhaps left over from another table..

I am not sure about their fiscal situation that forces them to save cost by serving old Doner and pita, but this is no way to keep a customer..

After the last visit, I need to downgrade this restaurant big time..Perhaps, I can give then another try sometime next year and upgrade the review..Not today..

As a Turk who knows about this type of food, I strongly caution potential customers..

• Visited May 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Alexandria, VA
“Our favorite local place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

My wife and I eat here at least once a month.

I wish I could make myself try something new, but I just love the lamb kabobs. My wife is fond of the kofte. Try the seasoned potatoes with either. And don't miss the phyllo cigars as an appetizer. All go well with the Kavaklidere Turkish white wine.

As much as the food we like the atmoshere of a quiet local restaurant. It's even a great place on holidays like Valentine's Day and Mother's Day (when so many restaurants are overrun).

• Visited April 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Denver, Colorado
“So good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2012

We were in the mood for something different and it had been a while since we'd had Turkish food. Thanks to an online review, we found Temel is Fairfax. Hidden away in a shopping center in a spot you won't just stumble upon this little gem is worth the trip. Delicious and authentic, we loved everything we tried. Excellent service made it a great night. Check it out!

• Visited March 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Fairfax, Virginia
“Very Good Food and Lots of It”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012

The meat (Doner) here is excellent - served with rice or yogurt/bread. The Temel appetizer platter is a crowd favorite - filled with all of their specialties. Don't let the strip center scare you off. This is a find. Service is great and parking is easy.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere