“Always enjoy my meal here” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #35 of 329 Restaurants in Fairfax
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi
Fairfax, Virginia, United States
“Always enjoy my meal here”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

I have dined here about a half a dozen times. The food is always fresh and spot on for Japanese/Korean Cuisine.

I enjoy their bento boxes which are boxes that separate the food in partitions. I believe lunch is the best value for the bento box, I normally get their chicken teriyaki bento box which comes with soup, salad, rice, tempura, California rolls and other little condiments like pickled vegetables. The price for this bento box is $11.95 which compared to other places is quite a good value.

Dinner on the other hand is a little more pricey but, they offer more selections during dinner with their bento boxes such is Sushi bento, chicken bento, beef bento etc.

The place is small but, they do put out great food and fast.

As a matter of fact I am planning on eating here this coming weekend for dinner.

Highly recommend this place.

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Herndon, Virginia
“It really is the best Japanese restaurant around!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

I was introduced to this wonderful restaurant years ago when my best friend and her full-Japanese mother invited me out to lunch (yummy bento!). This is where Japanese people go for good food and sushi! I have been to other restaurants throughout the area, and none have ever even closely measured up to my love for Arigato. They have a very authentic menu of all the best-loved Japanese staples, and their sushi really is the best. I dream about their roll that has kiwi on top of it - seriously to die for! They have very good yakisoba, ramen, tempura, you name it.

The service is also exceptional. They pack up our leftovers and always include little cups of the appropriate sauces for each!

I love this place!

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Fairfax, VA
“Best Sushi Ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

My husband and I eat at this restaurant about 2 times a month and have for over 10 years. Service is very attentive and we've never had a bad meal.

• Visited May 2012
Fairfax, Virginia
“Best Nigiri Sushi in Town!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2012

I love the Arigato Sushi Deluxe they offer at lunch. It comes with several nigiri sushi pieces, and one California roll. It is delicious, and the price is great.

The 2 Korean sushi preparers are really nice and professional. They are also really clean (I do not appreciate some other sushi places where they prepare the sushi with their bare hands...) At Arigato, they always wear gloves. Every time I have sushi there it has been fresh and delicious.

• Visited March 2012
Fairfax, Virginia
“Best sushi, best chefs, best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

My husband and I have been going for sushi here since they opened. We love it, they are wonderful. our favorite is the "Rock and Roll" but everything we have had is fresh, beautiful and oh so yummy!

• Visited February 2012