“Still great after 18 years!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Fairfax, Virginia
“Still great after 18 years!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

We have followed this owner for more than the 18 years he has had Dolce Vita. And we are never disappointed with our visits there. You could easily pass it by in the traffic but it is worth looking for it to have a good meal. This visit was for lunch and our party had hot sandwiches and pasta dishes and everyone was delighted. But we still decided to have dessert and each had something different and all of the plates were clean! Dolce Vita is celebrating 18 years and had mailed us a coupon for 18% off our meal as well. Recommend this over the big chain restaurants if you want good Italian food and excellent service.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Alexandria, VA
“GOOD FOOD AND WINE, RUSTIC AND A LITTLE NOISY”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

This week for lunch I had a very good meat Lasagna and an excellent glass of Italian wine. The main dish comes with a tasty salad. My friend enjoyed a great red and another pasta dish. The service here is excellent. The drawback for a hearing impaired person or noise sensitive person is relatively high noise level of the place. To compensate, I sat in the back. The men's restrooom is one at a time and needs to be upgraded. The place seems to be very authentic Italian. I have been here three times so I rank the food better than the downsides. TIP: Sit in the the back near a corner away from the restroom. Try the Lasagna. To avoid the noise element, come either early or late for lunch and for dinner I would come early.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Muscle Shoals, Alabama
“Oh my! Two amazing meals!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed this little gem! So much so, that we went twice in one week! The first night we went, we had pasta dishes. The pasta was fresh and the sauces so creamy. We had some Amaretto Cake for dessert that was extremely light and delicious. The second time we went, we splurged a little and got Salmone Alla Erbe and Pollo Milanese. It was fabulous! We had Amaretto Cake again and also got a Chocolate Bomb for dessert. We were not disappointed with anything, and the service was great! We were also serenaded by a strolling guitarist, which made the experience even more enjoyable. If we are ever in Fairfax again, it will definitely be on the itinerary!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Knoxville
“Not great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

I was not impressed. The atmosphere was great, service was okay, but the food was nothing special. It was disappointing since it was rated so high.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Charlottesville, Virginia, United States
“Best clams Oreganata EVER!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

I ordered to go a Margherita pizza, Sicilian salad and against my better judgement the clams.

I have been a Chef in NYC and Long Island all my life.

Pizza was very good.
Salad was mediocre at best.
The clams. Got back in the car and went and got two more orders!

They NAILED it! Well done Mi Gente!

Visited May 2013