“Most Impressive” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Le Mediterranean Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #62 of 331 Restaurants in Fairfax
Cuisines: French, Greek
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Old City Hall
Fairfax, Virginia
“Most Impressive”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

What an excellent addition to the Fairfax dining scene! Some friends introduced us to this newish restaurant and we're delighted they did. It's hidden in plain sight, and I'm sure I've driven past it numerous times. I started with lobster bisque and followed it with filet mignon over potatoes and creme brûlée. The wines selected for us were very good. Service was superb and parking was easy.

Visited September 2013

Washington, DC
“A local gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

It's always a pleasure to find a nice restaurant for that special occasion. You might want to get there early for the best service and selection. This is one of those places. A quick count yields about 50 seats, and those seats are nicely padded so long meals are comfortable. The food is extraordinary, if a little on the expensive side - wine is $10-11 per glass, entrees $20 and up. I had the Oxtail Ragout with Gnocchi and Sole Meuniere both of which were terrific. If you want to practice your college French, the Moroccan staff will be happy to oblige.

• Visited September 2013
McLean, Virginia
“A New Neighborhood Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I've been admiring this new Bistro from the outside and stopped in for lunch. The service is outstanding. The decor is very warm and friendly. The meal by chef Driss Zahidi is outstanding. Coming from neighboring McLean where he was chef at Evo Bistro, this new restaurant will most certainly gain the popularity he enjoyed previously. I was advised to try the specials as everything is fresh and local. I know I will be back frequently for lunch and dinner.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Vienna, Virginia
“Excellent French bistro at a moderate price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

On our first visit we found a relaxing bistro with well-prepared cuisine at a surprisingly reasonable price. Chef Zahidi is known for other venues, and I believe this bistro will be huge success in Northen Virginia. Priced from $17- 24, the dinner entrees included premium selections such as halibut, sea bass, duck and lamb. We especially enjoyed the Moroccan preparation as healthier than traditional French style. We also appreciated being able to make reservations and the convenient parking. What a great place to meet friends or host out of town guests when looking for quality and value. I can't wait to try out the lunch menu.

• Visited June 2013
Fairfax, Virginia
“A neighborhood gem!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

Recently opened, Le Mediterranean Bistro is a welcome addition to the wide variety of ethnic restaurants in our area. Emphasis is on French offerings. The menu is a nice mixture of offerings. We were a party of four, all most satisfied with our first dining experience at this establishment. I started with the French onion soup appetizer... very full bodied flavor, as good as I've ever had. Two of us had the Steak/fries entree that was prepared perfectly (medium rare) and tender.

Already a local winner, I recommend reservations, as there is limited seating in an intimate setting.

• Visited June 2013