“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Japanese
Bridgewater, Virginia
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

The atmosphere and food were fantastic, I go here all the time. I would definitely recommend coming here for dinner!!!!

Springfield, Virginia
“Excellent Hibachi! A close second to Sakura!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

Samurai is a great place for hibachi. While my kids love it more than Sakura, I believe it comes in a close second. Both places serve excellent quality steak, chicken, shrimp, and fried rice. Samurai serves noodles as well, which is an addition compared to other hibachi places. Also, you can usually find a GroupOn for Samurai which will save you some sheckels. Highly recommend Samurai!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Decent Sushi”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

We visited late on a Friday night, and were the last customers at the sushi bar. For this reason I didn't expect much, but I was pleasantly surprised. The a la carte sushi is fairly expensive, but the quality is better than other sushi places in the vicinity. The fish was absolutely fresh, The rice was properly prepared. The rolls weren't quite as tight as they should have been, but they held together.

We had one incident that could have been serious, but wasn't in this case. We told the server that one of us was highly allergic to eggs and asked that the Chef's Choice not include those. When the sushi arrived there was tomago there with the other nigiri. Fortunately, I noticed that and traded for another kind. This could have been a problem for someone new to sushi.

Otherwise, the sushi was good, decently prepared, and very tasty. The sushi was relatively expensive with most sushi choices costing 4.95 to 5.95 for a two-piece serving of nigiri. One of their specialty rolls uses shrimp tempura, and the crust on the tempura was more soggy than it should have been.

I'd still go back since it's the only decent sushi in the immediate vicinity.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Telchac Puerto, Mexico
“Good food fair price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

We did the lunch buffet on a Saturday and it was a good price 9.99 and the food was fresh and tasty. The sushi was just mediocre but we didn't expect much from that portion of the buffet. Service wasn't too good. Still tasty and a good value at least at lunch and we will probably go again sometime.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Surprised..”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I was a little skeptical at first glance. The food was really excellent and a modest price tag. Probably some of the better hibachi that I have had.

Visited March 2013