“Tex-Mex consistent quality” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Dallas, Texas
“Tex-Mex consistent quality”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

This is a nationwide Tex-Mex chain and it was nice to see that this Fairfax location offered consistent quality. I had their fresh-made tortillas filled with sweet pulled pork, lettuce, tomatoes, and guacamole sauce.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Get the Tomatillo!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

Wow, what delicious sauce they have!! The Creamy Tomatillo Dressing is like a Mexican ranch that is to die for. My mother and I kept taking various pieces of our meals and just dipping it in this sauce. Loved it.

The restaurant is so open and concrete that it's very loud even with a few people in it.

The atmosphere and cleanliness is what you would expect from any fast food chain.

The pulled pork is melt-in-your-mouth good but way too watery. It will soak through your tortilla and continue to drip on the plate.

For fast food, I will return.

Sterling, Virginia
“Will Definately Go Again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

This place is great. I have been to the one in Manassas and Chantilly, VA and both were delicious. They have good nachos and I love the BBQ Pork burrito.

Visited September 2013
Centreville, Virginia
“Aveage Food, Sub-Par Service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

Perhaps my standards are high for Mexican and Tex-Mex foods, but no place should have no standards.

Looking for a quick lunch, we intended to go to Subway, but my kids thought the Cafe Rio next door would be a different alternative. Things look promising when we recognized the menu with familiar items. This is where any and all similarities ended. The food were served almost backwards then what we are used to. I will give them this as this may be their style.

My wife and kids had ordered tacos and had aksed for cheese not to be placed on the bottom of the tacos but rather on the top. The manager/cook gave us a dirty look and did it begrudgingly. This course, after he loudly explained to us why Cafe Rio does it their way. Last I checked, the customer selected the ingredients in their tacos and burritos, why not where the cheese is placed.

My turn: I ordered a tostada. It is not what I am used to, but I am willing to try. I asked for no beans, extra pico de gallo and NO cheese. One out of three is not bad as it came with cheese, and no beans. When I took the order back to the manager, he again, begrudgingly made me another one along with a strong order of bad attitude. If it weren't for the fact that my kids were into their meals, I would have asked for my money back.

Take my advice if you are in dire of good Mexican food- take the drive up the street to Picante where the food is much better and the service is with a smile.

• Visited September 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Winter Haven, Florida
“Good fresh food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

I have visited this location three times and have enjoyed our meals each time. The have fresh tortillas and the staff has always been friendly. They have specials each day and we ended up there on a day when kids eat for free. We had no idea and were pleasantly surprised. They also offer a few additional styles of fresh ice tea and other beverages besides soda.

• Visited July 2013