“Nice location, brand new” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 12 Activities in Fairfax
Type: Movie Theaters, Fun & Games
Fairfax, Virginia
9 attraction reviews
“Nice location, brand new”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

Current run movies are featured, there are mid-week specials, and the location is great for after-movie lunch, dinner or shopping.It's easy to find because of the large signs on the main roads surrounding the theatre and the ENORMOUS jumbotron attached to the front of the theatre. On a warm day it's fun to hang out in the park in front of the place, listen to music and watch children play in the fountains.

Visited October 2013

Fairfax, Virginia
“Way too crowded”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

I went to this theater on Saturday afternoon to see The Book Thief. Since this was a limited attraction, this theatre was closest to my home. Since it is new, the address is not on Google maps and we got lost. There is ample parking in the garage, but the traffic surrounding the area is horrible and we ended up lost, then late. Once we arrived, there were so many people we were unable to find the escalor or the elevator and my 86 year old mother and I had to climb 2 flights of stairs. Once we got to the theatre, our reserved seats were taken my someone else. You are charged $1.25 per seat to reseve your seat and nobody is there to monitor this. It was craziness after the movie as it was now prime date night time and the theater was too crowded to move in. There was a long wait for the elevator and we ended up walking down the stairs again. It is like a mob scene with no police. That may be what youre looking for at 16-25, but not any older. There was NO BODY directing the flow of people and someone could have easily gotten lost or hurt. This is a huge liability and dangerous. I thought going at 4:20 would have been a bit slower, but obviously not. I would not go back again as it was way too crowded and completely unmanaged by employees.

Visited November 2013
Fairfax
24 attraction reviews
“Nice Theater with a Slightly Different Twist”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

I have visited several times and am always pleased with the venue. I actually thought it was going to be more upscale, but I would describe it more as unique. It seems to have touches of an upscale venue, but then again it has bare concrete floors. Whenever I go it never seems to be crowded which I like very much, but I'm sure that will change once the empty storefronts in the area become filled. The food and drinks available are very different from other theaters. They serve alcohol and unique treats such as pretzels and popcorn drizzled with chocolate. It's all stadium seating, so there's no need to worry about the enormous person in front of you. I also discovered that if you blow off work to see a movie and you get there early enough, there is a discount. Try it out!

Visited August 2013
Waldorf, Maryland, United States
3 attraction reviews
“Classy movie theater”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Stay classy Fairfax! This is a fantastic new movie theater in the Mosaic complex in Fairfax at Merrifield. There is a small cafe in the atrium area with standard fare upstairs including beer. The theater is a little more pricey than your standard theater (over $10 per ticket), but the popcorn and sodas will run you about the same. I really enjoyed the popcorn. They had a few options, including caramel. And, they use REAL butter. Excellent.

The theaters were really nice, and not too busy. They do use a reservation system for seats, which could delay things for a new show. I also found it a little chilly inside, so take a sweater.

Visited October 2013
Falls Church, Virginia, United States
4 attraction reviews
“Love It!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Beautiful cinema and great big screen! Watched world war Z when i t first came out! Got to choose and reserve our seats (with no extra cost) ;)

Visited September 2013