“Pretty good Italian food” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #238 of 347 restaurants in Fairfax
Cuisines: Italian
Fairfax, Virginia, United States
“Pretty good Italian food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

I visited this past month for lunch and they are getting better, I always order their spaghetti and meat sauce and this past time it was was very good! Will go back again .

Visited May 2013

16% Recommend
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Nothing special here...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

I was heading back to to the hotel and needed to grab a quick bite to eat. I saw a sushi restaurant and Luciano's. I decided to head in for a couple of slices. The pizza was nothing special. Too greasy. Flavorless sauce. For $5 for two plain slices I would have expected a little more. Will not be returning.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Manassas, Virginia
“Would pass the salt please?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

M wife and I recently had lunch at Luciano's in Fair Oaks Mall and we were somewhat disappointed. My wife had a Luciano's special pizza for one while I had a cup of Minestorne and a Caesar salad. We each had a glass of Chianti. While we were waiting for out lunch, the waitres brought us some bread, but at first I thought she had mistakenly brought us some unfinished hockey pucks. The bread was VERY dense, tough and practically tasteless--no salt. The Minestrone was OK, nothing to write home about; however, the Caesar salad was very good, the lettuce was crisp, the croutons were cruchy and the dressing was tasty. But my wife's pizza. Despite some OK toppings, the taste was overwhelmed by it flatness. I am not certain the chef (I hesitate to use the title) has never heard of sodium chloride. My wife had part of one slice and boxed up the rest. When we got out of sight of the restaurant, she immediately dumjped it into a trash container.

Will we go back? Don't bet on it.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Ashburn, Virginia
“Nice atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I love eating here when taking a break from shopping. The owner comes over and chats with us every time, and even recommends drinks. The Pizza is simply superb!! The staff inside the restaurant is very good. The lady that serves customers walking by in the mall has no personality and seems to hate her job. I refuse to buy from her anymore. However, inside the restaurant, it's very good.

Visited October 2012
Fairfax, Virginia
“Don't Go!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

We received these Restaurant.com gift certificates that give you money off if you spend so much. When we chose which restaurants we wanted we were in the mood for Italian and this was one of the few on the list. We had $15 off a purchase of $25 more more. So we headed out for a nice little date. Then we realized it was a restaurant in the mall. First warning.

We ordered somewhat extravagantly because we needed to meet our minimum and considering it was an old, mall place we didn't think it could add up quickly. Our appetizer sampler was yummy but the calamari didn't seem fully cooked and it smelled like raw fish. Our main courses were decent. Both were very filling. I found my calzone to be a bit thick and not easy to really eat and enjoy.

For dessert, Andrew enjoyed some tiramisu. At this point, we were not super pleased with our experience but Andrew said he would come back just for it. I had some chocolate gelato. Now, you know how the point of gelato is that it is made fresh everyday? Well mine had freezer burn! How does that happen when it was made fresh?

As far of service, the waitress didn't seem to really care. But she did take care of us. The restaurant was not very clean. It just kind of looked old and grimy.

But the reason it received a terrible score not just an Average score is because what happened later. So after we left we both felt kind of sick, but we thought it was just because we had eaten so much. Then after we went home and fell asleep, I woke up in the middle of the night and my stomach did not want any part of that gelato.

Oh and the price turned out to be much more than we expected. With our $15 dollars off it was still $50. We were like this wasn't worth $30.

So we will not be going back. That's all.

• Visited September 2012