“Hidden gem” 5 of 5 stars

Description: Small, initmate locally owned restaurant
Reston, VA
“Hidden gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

Stopped in for a quick lunch and was pleasantly surprised. Our chicken Parma sub was fresh and good - not soggy or overloaded with sauce. The salad was a bit salty (dressing?) but again, fresh. But in addition to the good food, the service was outstanding from the owner wait staff to the cook who brought out the food and checked up on us later. Finally, the good test of an establishment that really cares about its business, comes in how they keep their bathrooms. These were the cleanest ones I've seen in a family style restaraunt. The whole place was clean but not medicinal. I highly recommend this neighborhood joint. I wish I lived around here.

• 4 of 5 stars

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Best pizza in Fairfax!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

Can't go wrong with what ever you order, the owners are great an on top of every detail. Great for families or groups

Fairfax, Virginia, United States
“Great neighborhood place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

I've been to Pelanos twice, and I will definitely be back! The first time I ordered lasagne, which was delicious, with just the right amount of sauce, cheese and meat. My son got the fettucine with grilled chicken and was in heaven. Last night the chicken parmesan was terrific! Having made this dish myself, I know it's a real challenge to get the coating to stay crispy under the sauce and cheese, but it was just perfect. I also appreciated that even down to the last bite, the food was hot, demonstrating admirable attention to detail that is absent elsewhere. My friend and I shared the caprese salad, and while I prefer red wine vinegar for this dish over balsamic, the balsamic dressing was not overdone and quite tasty. Portions aren't huge, just enough to leave you satisfied but not uncomfortable. Although the menu is pretty limited, I still have trouble deciding what to order. Prices are fair, and service is great. Pam Pelano is friendly and efficient and, most importantly, makes you feel welcome so you'll want to return. The only fault I can find with Pelanos is it's so small I think it would be difficult to be seated on a weekend, especially during peak times.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars
Fairfax, Virginia
“Italian Family Owned in Fairfax City”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

Quite by accident found this delightful, friendly, small family owned restaurant in a strip mall located at 11184 Lee Highway, Fairfax, VA. The food was authentic italian and absolutely delicious. The prices were low to moderate and the atmosphere was family friendly. Hard to find really good italian food that is affordable. Can't say enough good things. This will now be my go to Italian restaurant.

• Visited July 2012