“FRIENDLY STAFF - GOOD LOCATION” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Romance Package
Ranked #3 of 22 Hotels in Fairfax
Cranbury, New Jersey
“FRIENDLY STAFF - GOOD LOCATION”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

It was a last minute decision for us to go with our children to D.C. - long weekend facing the HolyWeek and away from the kitchen why not - we were lucky to be able to find 3 rooms at the Hyatt. The hotel is full but instead of telling us 'no room in the inn' Mr. Ian Ibanez professional decision helped us squeezed in the beautiful Hyatt - I am a loyal Marriott customer for almost 10 years never experienced an upgrade - I applied for the Hyatt Passport membership because of Mr. Ibanez kind attention. Thank you!

Room Tip: could be better if there is an indoor pool
Green Features: The Breakfast buffet is excellent with paper cups instead of plastic which is environmentally-friendly.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
HyatthouseGMfc, General Manager at Hyatt House Falls Church, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Dear emmadeguzman,

We are happy that we could accomodate your family for your get away travel. By your kind words, it seems like you have found a new home away from home. How wonderful to hear that Ian made such a strong impression! He takes such great care of our guests as you experienced and he is a true star.

General Manager, Hyatt house Falls Church

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Burlington, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

The hotel is located in a village type complex called The Mosaic. It is very convenient for touring Washington as the Metro is nearby although a bit of a walk. During the weekdays there is a shuttle that will take you to the Metro and on weekends when we were there, parking at the Metro was free and available. The complex has several restaurants, grocery stores, a huge Target and a movie theatre complex which is very nice once one is back from touring Washington. The hotel was very nicely appointed with a Zen like decor, clean and quiet. Staff were friendly and hot breakfast included in the room price was good.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Dear bulanda,

I appreciate you taking the time to let us know of your stay and love to hear that you had a wonderful visit. Our proximity to Washington D.C. enables our guests to enjoy the sights and sounds of downtown without the congestion. Thank you and we hope to see you again soon.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

I stayed here last week for two nights and Anida, Desta, and our maid Maria represented Hyatt professionally and I have been sharing with others what a pleasant experience it was to get away to a nice hotel with my 2 young boys and 72 year old mom. Upon checking out, I noticed an erroneous 50 dollar charge for borrowing of games that Anida quickly fixed. Tonight I noticed a 200 dollar charge on my credit card THAT WAS NEVER COMMUNICATED TO ME. When I called, the hotel informed me it was a smoking charge and to leave a voice message on the managers phone line. I do not smoke and would not choose a smoking hotel since I have 2 young boys! My mom smoked OUTSIDE only as Anida and staff can attest to. She had a little table she sat at that belonged to the bakery next door. SHAME ON YOU hyatt house falls church for charging my credit card such a large amount without explanation!!!

• Stayed April 2014
Dear Teacheram,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of our hotel on Trip Advisor. I apologize for the confusion created on your bill and that we did not convey properly the deposit for using our "Borrows Program". I am glad that the staff was able to assist you with this oversite.

It is our goal to serve each guest to the best of our ability. As a smoke free hotel, we are very sensitive to smoke odors. Our housekeeping department had reported that their is obvious evidence of smoke in your room. I apologize we did not share this with you in person, however it was reported after you departed on your day of check out.

I understand that my staff has reached out to you on several occasions to discuss this with your further. I hope that you take the time to return our calls so a more detailed explanation can be provided.

Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

Wonderful property. Front desk staff great. This property is fairly new and in an upscale complex. Rooms have full kitchen facilities. Room on sixth floor in a seven floor building. Rooms extremely clean and well cared for.

Breakfast was included and definitely well done. Definitely not your average included breakfast. Kudos to staff.

Hotel provides shuttle Monday to Friday to metro station. However, metro is just a 3 minute car ride with plenty of parking in the metro garage - cost $4.75 a day. Easy metro ride to downtown Washington.

Number of restaurants around the hotel.

Room Tip: I think all rooms would be fine. However, you may wish one on the opposite of the main roadway. No...
Green Features: Hotel uses European style of lighting to save energy. Must insert room key into slot for lights to work. Great!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
HyatthouseGMfc, Manager at Hyatt House Falls Church, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Dear CDillon,

Thank you for letting everyone know that Hyatt house Falls Church is an exceptional value with an exceptional location and an exceptional staff! We appreciate your business and are delighted that you chose us for your DC stay. I hope you were able to accomplish everything you set out to do while you were here.

McLean, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

I can say nothing but EXCEPTIONAL about this hotel. It's "just a Hyatt house" yet it delivers so much. The style, the room, the comfort, the cleaness, the breakfast, the location, so much. I almost never order room service so I leave tips just out of courtersy. This time I feel obliged to leave a tip. It's just job well done.
Well...where to start...It was a weekend so I decided to do a little staycation. Plus I got 4000 aa miles on a third party promotion --rate is $119 so why not. I booked a studio suite, which is big, with very large sized living area, a nice couch, and a TV that can be conviniently turned both ways for either bed or couch view. The bed is very comfortable and the room is SHINNY CLEAN. I got cards with maid's signature on it saying "hey I made the room for yor today" but this is the first time that I ever feel that the maid is doing some outstanding work.
The next morning I woke up and had the full breakfast, provided for free. I didn't care about the omlete but they've got so much to offer. I enjoyed it.
Oh, forgot to mention the parking is free in a very nice modern upscale mall area. The hotel itself is stylish and is really compatible with the whole area.

I would strongly suggest this hotel, especially for families.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
HyatthouseGMfc, General Manager at Hyatt House Falls Church, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Dear herbertbgz,

Your comments could not be better received. Nothing could make us more proud than positive feedback such as this from our guests; it makes our desire to serve truly fulfilled. Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with the TripAdvisor public. We hope to welcome you back very soon.

Richmond, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

I stayed at this hotel a few weeks ago. I am just now writing the review. I checked out on March 24. I can see from the recent reviews that customer service is still lacking here. Every time I go to a hotel I request a "no post" what that means is you are not allowed to charge anything to the room. I mainly do this because authorizations on my card can pile up. I am a Diamond member and never have an issue. This hotel "allowed" me to do it one night, the next time they refused. Not only did they refuse, but they gave me severe attitude about it. Acting like they were doing me a favor. In fact the manager actually used that word, FAVOR! I am not asking or getting a free night so how is that a FAVOR? I could understand if I had never stayed at a Hyatt or wasn't a member of the loyalty program, but I am the highest tier with Hyatt. I NEVER have an issue at ANY hyatt. I always request "no post" and its done! No issue! The worst part of this entire situation, I contacted the owners of this property and NEVER received a response! So that right there shows you they lack any concern for their guests. I will NEVER stay at this hotel or ANY hotel that the franchise owns. Their customer service skills are lacking!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Dear Alpha1X,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. I am very sorry to hear of your frustrations. We have built our hotels reputation on customer satisfaction, and value your feedback.

Upon your arrival for your first visit, we did in fact explain to you the hotels policy, requiring that each guest establish credit at check in. In the spirit of hospitality and recognizing your elite status with Hyatt Gold Passport, we allowed as one time courtesy to check you into the hotel without a credit card or alternate form of payment. Since you were staying on a reward points redemption, the room charge was already taken care of. I was surprised to hear that upon your return to our hotel, several days later, you were shocked that we would require this from you.

Please know that our staff is comprised of caring members who strive to create a pleasurable stay for all of our guests. Please continue to keep us in mind, as your home away from home, when visiting the Falls Church area. We look forward to an opportunity to see you return the next time you visit!

General Manager Hyatt house Falls Church
Lafayette, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

I am definitely conflicted about how to rate this hotel. I would prefer to rate it overall as 3.5 instead of 3 or 4, but I don't have that option. We stayed here for 5 nights from April 2nd to April 7th. This was my 4th hotel stay out of 6 on this long trip. My first interaction with the hotel staff was prior to check-in. I received a phone call around 11:55am on April 2nd from a member of the staff about upgrading from a king bedroom suite to the hospitality suite, but she did not seem to be happy about offering me the free upgrade.
She said very sarcastically "lucky you". I found this to be very strange.

My only questions to her about the change was, is there a mini fridge and microwave in the hospitality suite and she said yes, but kept referring to it as the "honeymoon suite". After driving from Pittsburgh, we arrived to check-in at the hotel around 6:30pm on April 2nd. I knew this was the same person I spoke to on the phone. I recognized her voice, but can't remember her name. She was talking very fast and rushing through the check-in process. I wondered why. There was no one waiting behind me. She seemed irritated and was borderline rude. She said I was "entitled' to 2 free beverages. I learned later that if you are a Hyatt gold passport member, the front desk agent is suppose to ask you if you want the points or the free beverages, but she did NOT do that. There is also a 3rd option to earn airline miles. I know it is my responsibility to remember to mention the points upon checking in, but it slipped my mind. I was very tired after our 6 hour drive from Pittsburgh.

I certainly hope this was not an attempt on her part to cheat me out of my base points and bonus points from current Hyatt promotion that ends on April 30th. A few days later I remembered the points and asked Anida at the front desk about it. She said I would "probably" get the points. She didn't even bother to check her computer. Keep in mind she was not the person who checked us in. She also said she was unaware of the current Hyatt promotion of receiving 5000 points for every 5 nights through April 30th.
This is a word of caution to persons staying here. If you want the points or airline miles, make sure you mention it to them when checking in. If not, give Hyatt gold passport a call.

The hotel is beautiful and modern. It has 7 floors and is located in the Mosaic district. There is a Target across from the hotel that has a Starbuck's inside it and there are many restaurants and retail shops near the hotel. Parking is free and you park on level 2 or higher in Market garage across from the hotel. Also, Wi-Fi is free and they have a complimentary business center. They have a complimentary breakfast from 6 to 9:30am on weekdays and it ends at 10am on weekends. I thought their breakfast was average at best.

We stayed on the 7th floor in the hospitality suite. It was beautiful and modern, but not very practical. The curved leather couch in the living room wasn't very comfortable. The living area included a large TV, desk and wet bar. The wet bar had a sink, mini fridge and microwave. You have to keep a room key in slot by the door to keep the room powered. The king sized bed was comfortable and there was a well sized closet in the bedroom with another large flat screen TV. There was a separate bathtub located by the bed. (I thought the location of it was odd.) The bathroom had a beautiful, large walk-in shower, but with poor water pressure. There were double vanities in the bathroom and the toilet had a private door separating it from the rest of the bathroom.

The room was very cold. Someone from maintenance came and tried to fix the thermostat, but he wasn't able to fix it. I asked for 2 blankets because the room was so cold, but only received one. My husband and I were able to slightly adjust the thermostat so the heat could come on, but the room remained very cold for our entire stay. The mini fridge in the living area was not very useful. It was difficult to fit beverages and left overs in it because the ice maker inside it took up most of the space.

The hotel is located about 0.75 miles from the Dunn Loring metro station (orange line). It would probably take about 15 to 20 minutes to walk there from the hotel. They now have a 5 level parking garage there and are adding on to it, but if you arrive there after 7:30am on the weekdays you will not find a parking space. Also, you will still have to pay the $4.75 when exiting even if you did not find a parking space and they do not accept cash, only credit cards or you can pay with a Smart trip card. However, parking there is free on the weekends and we had no problems finding a space.

There are alternatives to parking at the Dunn Loring metro station. You can drive to the Ballston Common Mall to get on the metro at the Ballston station (orange line). They have a 24 hour parking garage that costs $1 per hour with a $10 maximum and they accept cash. It takes about 20 minutes to drive to the Ballston Common Mall or you can park at Fashion Centre Mall at Pentagon city in their parking garage (blue line), which is open 24 hours, but it takes a little longer to get there.

Despite the issues we encountered at the hotel, the room was very clean, very modern and quiet and located in a safe upscale area. They do have a shuttle service that runs during limited hours on weekdays only (M-Fri 6:30 am to 10am & 4 to 8pm), but no one mentioned that when I checked in. I dealt with Anida when checking out. She was definitely more polite and professional than the person that checked me into the hotel.

I guess the bottom line is that the hotel is very beautiful and modern, but needs to work on its customer service.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
HyatthouseGMfc, Manager at Hyatt House Falls Church, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Dear A N,

Please accept my sincerest apologies for not being able to discuss your concerns in person. As we had stated in our previous email, we would like the opportunity to discuss your stay so that we can clear any confusion with Hyatt's Gold Passport benefits.

I am sorry for the inconvenience that you experienced and hope that you give us another chance in the future. Guest satisfaction is our highest priority and I will be sure to share your comments with our entire staff to ensure all our guests have a positive experience.

General Manager Hyatt house Falls Church

Been to Hyatt House Falls Church? Share your experiences!