“Amazing quality and price for the area” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Romance Package
Ranked #3 of 22 Hotels in Fairfax
Cincinatti, OH
“Amazing quality and price for the area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

I stayed a week at Hyatt House Falls Church and hotel surprised me very nicely with the quality. I will definitely be staying again at the same place next time.
Good:
- Rooms are new, clean, quiet and nicely decorated
- Comfortable beds
- Service desk was friendly, helpful with attention to details
- Free breakfast buffet is really good and fresh. Pastries and omelett station way above expectations.
- Location is very good, next to organic store and bakery
- Plenty of parking and close to metro station
- Amazing value booked online
- Modern fitness facility
Not so good:
- Entrance to the hotel is off the back street, hotel label is very small and with some cars parked in front it was hard to notice. I had to make couple rounds till I found it.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

We stayed here for a long weekend to visit DC. The hotel was a 15 minute walk from the metro station, which was perfect for getting in to DC. The hotel itself was clean and modern, nice sized rooms and very helpful staff. The breakfast was also very good. Excellent proximity to Target and some restaurants. If you stay here, definitely try Four Sisters Vietnamese restaurant - delicious and a great value!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Mid Florida, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

New hotel. Had some concerns as it is a longer term stay property but this was excellent. New hotel. Great staff. Nice location in Fairfax county near metro and Dulles. Breakfast very good and nice lobby area and billiards. Near a Target and a super great vietnamese restaurant called Four Sisters.

• Stayed April 2013
Washington DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Hyatt House Falls Church is in the new Mosaic District, a shopping/dining/entertainment area just opening in FallsChurch/Merrifield/McLean. The hotel is beautiful, spacious and connected. The breakfast was excellent with a chef preparing omelets and plenty of other hot and cold selections available for the morning. WiFi in the hotel is free and was pretty strong throughout my stay. I attended a conference on-site and found the meeting facilities and catering to be very good as well. Lots of dining options close by and just an all-around fine atmosphere. Rooms have full kitchens and plenty of dishes and utensils. Very comfortable stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
HyatthouseGMfc, Manager at Hyatt House Falls Church, responded to this review, September 4, 2014
Dear SouthernBelle,

We are happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you for giving us your feedback as we take our guests comments to evaluate how to make our property better. We appreciate your review and look forward to seeing you again soon!

General Manager, Hyatt house Falls Church
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Overall the hotel was very well laid out and comfortable. I had a king studio that came complete with a small kitchen. Nice location it's in a new shopping complex with some cute stores and choices for dining menus from budget to mid priced items. There is a nice organic cafe a little pricey but the bread was really good right at the entrance of the hotel. The check in clerk was very welcoming and provided info about the hotel and bar. Upon getting off on the 6th floor noticed that the hall needed some housekeeping bits of paper here and there. The room itself was pretty clean but when I turned down the bed covers I noticed hairs all over the bed. The sheets and one pillow had an odor and it appeared that clean sheets had not been replaced from the previous occupant. It was very late at night and I did not want to move to another room so I slept on the side of the bed that did not appear to have been slept on. This was really disappointing for a Hyatt class hotel otherwise the room was wonderful. Upon check out there were two clerks at the front desk and when I approached the desk and said "Hello" I barely got a response from one of them. I handed over my key and there was no dialogue from them concerning my stay and to thank me for my business. I was very disappointed with the check out service. Being gold level status with Hyatt I prefer this brand and am usually happy but I have to say that being a new hotel as I believe they opened in Sep 2012-they should pay a little more attention to their housekeeping. I am going to write to the corporate office as well if I don't get a survey from them.

Room Tip: Hotel is located in a new shopping complex and is on a quiet street.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Bloomington IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Residence Inn and Staybridge Suites watch out. This new kid on the block has done its homework and if this location is any indication of what they can do around the country, Hyatt Place has just upped the ante for the extended stay sector. This hotel itself is fairly new. The lobby is large comfortable and inviting. The rooms are large comfortable, well-appointed. And the rate we paid was very reasonable. The gratis breakfast was very strong, including an omelet station. The manager was clearly focused on customer service. Execution and training would be the only place where I would encourage improvement. I was double billed for one of my two rooms but quickly got that problem fixed. And the lady who ran the breakfast room must have gotten up on the wrong side of the bed. Hopefully that was a one-day experience, but I did encourage the manager to look into her lack of enthusiasm for customer service. I definitely would come back here again. This hotel was very convenient walking distance to a number of interesting business including a wonderful French bakery (Pastry Xpo). Nieman Marcus Last Call outlet and a first class Angelika Film Center. Parking is across the street on the second floor above the MOM's Organic Market parking, a little inconventient and poorly marked by the hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
hampton roads, va
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

My husband and I have been staying in a nearby (Sterling,VA) location and decided to give this new location a try. It is fairly close to DC, as close as you would get for this price. It is located right in the heart of the Mosiac District. Which includes Anthroplogie,Target (good for little items you need up needing),Mom's Market. There are a couple resturants in the area as well. Parking is located across the hotel in a new, modern parking garage (hotel customers use level 2). It is very well lit and safe. We stayed in a studio king room and loved it. It had a kitchenette in it that came equipped with everything you could need to make meals on your own. There was a nice size (32-36 I'm guessing) flat screen tv that swiveled for whatever angle you needed it on. It also had gaming outlets in case you want that sort of thing, which I would imagine would be a nice touch for kids. The windows crack open for fresh air, which we neeed since the main areas were super hot during our stay. They offer free internet along with wireless printing. It came in handy for us when we realized we wanted to go somewhere and needed directions and the address. They offer a 'borrow' menu, where if you forget something, they have it. the list was broad, ranging from curling irons to adapters for charging items. Beware, they do charge a $50 deposit that drops off when you check out and bring the items back. This is NOT stated on the borrows card. The main areas are so nicely decorated and there are little touches everywhere. One we liked in our room was the peephole cover (we are easily amused). The room was clean and smelled fresh. We got a view of the shopping area, which was a nice plus. The bathroom was good as well. We stayed for 3 nights and our maid cleaned the room like we were never there everyday (she got a nice tip!). They have a generous market pantry for items you need/forgot, including sandwiches and drinks. We bought a pop-up folding map of downtown DC, which came in VERY hand and I recommend! The workout area was clean and well lit, with enough machines to not have crowding. The business area was comfortable, although they did not have pen and paper there. You can ask the front desk for this. The lounge/bar area was nice. Well-lit in the day and ambient lighting in the evening. We had a soda and shared the cheese platter, which was delish. Breakfast here is amazing. Everything you could want. It did get a little crazy on the weekends, but they kept the plates and food coming. The switch up the hot meat options every day, which was a nice touch. they have ample, modern seating throughout the area. The fireplace was always on, which was a nice touch as well as it was cold outside and a nice place to have a coffee and warm up before heading out or retiring to your room. They also offer a pool table, which was fun and a nice way to wind down after a 5 hour drive. The pool/firepit area was closed for the season, which starts on Memorial Day. We were a bit disappointed as we were hoping to roast smores 9our own items) by the firepit. They also have the cushions to the seating put up, so there is no way to rest and get fresh air. All in all, this hotel is amazing. We have stayed in downtown DC hotels and payed almost triple of this hotel's cost, and it did not compare to this place! We also have stayed at 2 different Hyatt House locations, and they ALL are superb in quality. They front desk is always helpful, and nice. Check in and out were easy, fast and pleasant. I highly recommend this place!

Room Tip: -ask for a shopping area view -get the balcony option, a nice touch if you don't have young kid...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hyatt House Falls Church? Share your experiences!