“Great Property. Great Location.” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Romance Package
Ranked #3 of 22 Hotels in Fairfax
Ann Arbor
“Great Property. Great Location.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

This was my first stay in a Hyatt House. I was unfamiliar with the brand, and was very pleasantly impressed. The property is brand-new, so everything is in excellent repair. The decor is hip, upbeat, with a calming vibe. The rooms are terrific; a couch, full kitchen, table & chairs, and a very comfortable bed. You get shampoo and conditioner automatically in the room, but you'll have to ask for lotion. They have it, you just have to ask. And, a hot tasy breakfast is included in the room price.

What you don't get is a concierge, bellstaff, or room service. This is a little suprising, but once I understood that Hyatt House is not a full-service hotel, it was absolutely fine. Their small gift shop is really a tiny grocery; they stock quite a number of microwave entrees, plenty of snacks, beverages, and breakfast foods.

This particular Hyatt House is in a newly renovated section of Falls Church. It's relatively close to a Metro stop, and right around the corner from many restaurants, shops, and a Target.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Phoenix, AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

... if you have a very cool, very hip home! My husband and I stayed there over a weekend in February and were extremely happy with our stay. The hotel was quiet, mostly because they primarily cater to business travelers and are busier during the week. We stayed 3 nights, hanging out in the bar the first night, playing pool and chatting with the bartender. The rooms are cozy, yet modern. The bed was pretty nice; I'm picky about beds and I slept well. It's right off the freeway a mile or two, which made getting to my brother's house in Annadale a snap. The staff was very helpful, without being intrusive. Will now look for Hyatt Houses when we travel as our first choice.

Room Tip: The elevator mechanical room seemed loud, but we had a room on the end of the hall away from the ele...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Excellent stay. We spent 2 nights at the Hyatt House over the weekend. The HH provided a wonderful stay. The room was very comfortable with extended stay features. The staff was extremely helpful and friendly. And of course the complimentary breakfast was great. The HH is located in a great location and only minutes away from the Metro. This is safe location just outside if DC. It was very easy to walk to local shops. The hotel had only a few guests over the weekend which was a good thing. It also had very good internet rates.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Queenstown, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This is one of the nicest hotels that I have ever stayed at. I stay here alot and this hotel is consistently clean and that is number one on my list of musts! I also like that this is in the middle of a "shopping center" It is very quiet here and that is very important to me, along with that there is a grocery store here and some resturants and a Target.

Room Tip: The studio rooms are nice, there is a large refrigerator in the room with a microwave and the rooms...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Bellefonte, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

My son was having surgery at the hospital close by. The staff was very accommodating and the hotel was wonderful. Very relaxing and had just what we needed. Having the small kitchen in the room was very helpful. We were coming from out of state, and not knowing the area very well, we couldn't have had a better staff to help with all our special needs and always with a smile!
A tip for new comers--construction is going on nearby, and a little difficult finding the hotel, however, when we did find it, plenty of FREE parking, well lit, safe, and shopping close by--walking distance. although there was construction going on, we did not hear any noise from our room. I would definitely recommend this hotel, and we will be back.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
new york
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

We stayed here for two nights this weekend while visiting family in the area and I was looking forward to staying in an area where I could walk to some local shops. The area is still developing and not all of the merchants and restaurants are open yet, but we were able to do a little bit of local shopping and walking to dinner is a possibility We booked a one bedroom room and a king studio. Both were spacious and very handsomely appointed but the king studio television was a bit hard to view from the bed. Full size refrigerator, electric stovetop, microwave in the units and fully stocked with kitchen essentials. The couch was very comfortable and we were able to accommodate visitors comfortably in the one bedroom unit. Breakfast was very good and served in a very nicely furnished breakfast area. Hot foods on the buffet and omelets made to order. There is a nice billiards table in the lobby and a bar open in the evening, but the lobby was pretty inactive while we visited.
We typically stay at the Fairview Marriott which is also very comfortable and can be cheaper especially if you book only the room and not the breakfast package. However, the Fairview Marriott is isolated in a corporate park.

Room Tip: Our rooms overlooked the home depot. I am not sure there are any rooms with a good view, so don'...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Cologne, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Booked here on short notice because my stay at the Hyatt House King of Prussia was so enjoyable and I was able to get a great rate. The hotel was just opened two weeks before my stay so everything was of course brand new. The location is in the newly developed Mosaic district, a nice little shopping area which by the time I was there was only half occupied. But it should be great once all the shops are open. There is a big Target and a movie theater in walking distance. If your GPS doesn't know the street name like mine did, just type in Eskridge Road. From there it’s a left turn to the parking garage (Market Garage if I remember it well) opposite from the hotel. The parking was free but the garage doesn't belong to the hotel so I’m not sure how they are going to handle that once the shopping mall is in full business.

Check in was a breeze and I was given a corner room on the top floor which had everything you could ask for. The bed was super comfy, the full kitchenette came in handy for me as a solo traveler and the bathroom with a big walk in shower was totally to my liking. Furniture and decoration is very modern and sophisticated as I like it.

I was there for two nights from Saturday to Monday and the two breakfast experiences on Sunday and Monday were like night and day. On Sunday it was really crowded and you could hardly find a seat. Nobody serviced the tables so if one was available it was probably covered in dirty dishes. In my opinion people should be a bit more respectful of the other guests and take their stuff away themselves if they see that the breakfast attendants are overloaded. On Monday morning there were only three other guests and the breakfast lady came by all the time taking away the used dishes and asking for anything she could do for me. I’m sure once they will be in business a little longer they will get used to the bigger crowds on weekends and deal with it much better. Breakfast is free and the quality of the food was really good on both days; lots of varieties, an omelet station, Starbucks coffee. Only the berries they served with the pancakes were still partly frozen but that really was a minor issue.

I truly enjoyed my stay and will gladly return when in the area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Been to Hyatt House Falls Church? Share your experiences!