“Old school Italian” 4 of 5 stars

Transit: Cue bus from Vienna Metro
Livonia, Michigan
“Old school Italian”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Reminded me of places I went when I was a kid. Comprehensive (if standard) Italian fare, opera and classical Italian music playing overhead, white linen table cloths, and warm bread. Excellent service, an attentive manager (owner perhaps?), and relaxing overall experience.

Visited August 2013

Oak Hill, VA
“Nice casual restaurant that is not a chain.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

One of the few local restaurants where I can carry on a conversation without raising my voice. It's nice that there is a choice of indoor seating, or sitting on the outdoor porch. The pasta and seafood selections are their strong points. The veal is disappointing. The bread is excellent. the owner is very friendly and is usually on site.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank 58SAL
Bedminster, New Jersey
“Good food, good prices and very good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

This was good Italian food at very reasonable prices and topped with excellent service. The pasta was cooked right and very tasty. Even the house salad which is usually a low point was pretty good. Friendly and attentive staff, I never had to look for them and a friendly owner that made me feel as if I could've been a regular.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Sanford G
Fairfax, Virginia
“Casual Italian Restaurant in Fairfax City, VA”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

We went to Casa Italia for the first time last night for Valentine's Day. The restaurant was completely packed all evening, and most people seemed to be having a good time. The owner kept everything moving so people could be seated as quickly as possible, and he still made time to visit some of the tables to ask how they were enjoying their meals. The menu was limited for Valentine's Day, so we would like to go back when we can try some of the dishes from their extensive regular menu. They have a nice wine list, and we were glad they also sold wine by the 1/2 and full carafe, which is more affordable than buying a bottle of wine. We got our wine, salads, and bread very quickly. It took more time to get our entree's and our check, but that is understandable for such a busy night. It wasn't a problem for us, because we were glad not to be rushed as we have experienced at other restaurants on special occasions. I would rate our food between average and very good, but that is not a choice on trip advisor. The veal in my veal marsala was very tender. Oftentimes when I have ordered veal at other more fine restaurants it has been tough. I think there could have more mushrooms and more flavor to the dish, but it was plentiful and good. We shared a cannoli for dessert, and it was delicious! I will write another review after I have tried food from their regular menu. I'm anxious to try something with red sauce. I should also mention that parking is very limited--so bring your smallest vehicle.

• Visited February 2013
northern virginia
“Good on the palate, EZ on the wallet!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

Every neighborhood needs a good Italian joint to visit on the spur of the moment for good food at a reasonable price. Casa Italia is it for Fairfax-near the courthouse. They have a long menu although more fish (not shellfish) dishes would give diners a more balanced choice. The service is pleasant but on recent two occasions the kitchen was a bit slow delivering the food even though the dining room was not full. Owner "Dan" cruises the dining room and keeps everyone smiling. The wait staff is mostly young and unpolished but pleasant and they do try hard to please. The portions are large and well priced. The veal picatta and veal francese were classic and absolutely delicious. The ceasar dressing was not so classic, tasted more of vinegar than anything else, but still edible. The atmosphere is comfortable but bland and the dining room looks like it came right out of the 80's. With nice table linens one can't call this a joint - but yes, it is a "throw-back" neighborhood place but so what! We'll be back for sure. Dinner for two, with 2 glasses of wine, 1 shared salad and no desserts was $60 + tax &tip.

• Visited January 2013