“Staff Makes it Work.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of EagleBank Arena

EagleBank Arena
4500 Patriot Circle, George Mason University, Fairfax, VA 22030 (Formerly Patriot Center)
+1 703 993-3000
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 17 things to do in Fairfax
More attraction details
Owner description: EagleBank Arena (formerly known as the Patriot Center) is a 10,000-seat arena on the campus of George Mason University. Managed by Monumental Sports & Entertainment, the arena is home to Mason men's and women's basketball teams, concerts, sporting events, high school graduations, commencement ceremonies and more.
Washington, DC
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 65 helpful votes
“Staff Makes it Work.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Attended another great event here. Does not matter if it is a college basketball game, the Harlem globetrotters, Disney on Ice, a cheer competition or a high school graduation, the staff will make this venue work.

Have done well with moving unruly guests away from our party when needed. Did not expect an angry guest to curse at my daughter for having a disability, but was glad they resolved the situation by moving the loudmouth woman elsewhere.

Note for guests: your action correcting other people's children directly may not be well received, and cursing them especially so.

Parking lot seems adequate. Never had a problem finding a spot, in dozens of visits. A little bit of a walk from the lots, and some delay on exit, but does work.

Visited June 2013

Minneapolis, Minnesota
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Green Day!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

OK, I guess I should review the actual Patriot Center and not the band we saw :) (But Green Day was amazing). Anyway the Patriot Center was great. The staff were nice and helpful. We were standing in line for 7 hours before the show, so we had a lot of encounters with the staff. They were great. We were in the third row of the concert, and security was great too. They were nice, offered water to a couple of us who got dehydrated, and kept all the crowd surfers from landing on my head. The door management was a bit strange. There were 3 different entrance doors where people were lined up, and some people had a forced will call. So we were in line, then had to go to will call, then get back in line. Even if you were there all day you could easily lose your place in all the line-switching. There was an effort by some fans of keeping everyone organized by writing numbers on our hands. That was strange. Anyway but overall I was happy with the Patriot Center.

Visited April 2013
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Decent venue, weird location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

I like the size of this venue compared to other larger arenas ( I think capacity is like 10,000 for a concert) but there is no public transportation in the so called "city" of fairfax that takes you close ( the metro bus drops you about a mile away on the opposite side of he campus) trying to get a cab ride home ( even when called to reserve a ride the previous day) is a complete joke as it's just a mad dash to be he first party to jump into any of the cabs that pull up. It took my friend and I about an hour to get picked up... In the dark...in the middle of the night...on the side of the road...super crappy way to end a night out.

Washington DC
115 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 203 helpful votes
“Excellent facility”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

With convenient parking and first-rate events, the Patriot Center is a great venue for entertainment -- concerts and music shows as well as sports events. Plenty of parking on campus (parking fee is included in ticket price). Easily accessible from Fairfax County locations as well as locations in Arlington, Chantilly, and DC.

Visited March 2012
Birmingham, Alabama
181 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 169 helpful votes
“Watch your step”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

The first thing I noticed when I entered the Patriot Center was how narrow and steep the steps are going up and down the aisles of seating. Reaching the concourse level, you encounter steps for the first level that are almost in the way, creating a trip hazard. When I walked down the portable bleachers on one occasion, they swayed quite a bit, and the handrails were loose.

As another reviewer mentioned, the concessions prices are extremely high. I paid $18.00 for two bottles of water and two pretzels. I paid less than that at concession stands along the National Mall in D.C.

Visited December 2012