“Foodie Heaven” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: International
Northern Virginia
“Foodie Heaven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Wegman's has a splendid selection of quality food, including a number of organic items. Prices are better than the large chains, and the quality is far higher on average. Their stores also have a large prepared food selection and an upstairs seating area. The only downside is that I don't believe they have a license to serve beer and wine in the dining area. If they do, they don't make that clear.

Visited November 2012

Fairfax, Virginia
“Good grocery”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Going is an adventure. The gourmet section is what I remember first the meats, the breads, the seafood and the bakery. But I like it because it is also a supermarket with good prices, Definitely one stop shopping.

Visited April 2012
Mystic, CT
“Does this count as a Restaurant? You bet it does !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

Kind of bizarre to be reviewing a super market as a great restaurant but this is one terrific place. So good that I tried to talk my wife into moving nearby if we ever return to the DC area.

It just kind of a radical place to buy breakfast, lunch or dinner as they just have the best prepared food area I have ever seen in a supermarket. They have a terrific wine store, their breakfast baked goods are just the best, their coffee bar is ceratinly as good as Starbucks, their lunch selction is to die for and I now go there for dinner and work on my PC and have a leisurely dinner in a relaxing, soft chair.

If they had any rooms I would stay the night. Best supermarket I have ever been to !

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Food Shopping here ROCKS!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

This place has everything! Large food court with good food including a sushi bar, very large international, organic sections, cheese bar, olive bars, and an entire room dedicated to wine. I look at Wegmans as a combined Whole Foods and a regular grocery store plus MORE. Also, very good prices. Lots of specialty items. I have always been able to find what I need. The downside is the store in Fairfax is very crowded on weekends ALL the time. I am not sure about the weekdays.But I know that and go in with the mindset of going with the flow, because I like shopping there. So not a problem for me. Service is also incredible. All the employees are knowledgable and helpful, and checkout lines are never long.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Vienna, Virginia
“Perhaps the best supermarket in Northern Virginia”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

With prices that can rival discount stores for their own brands, and quality meats and produce that can rival the upscale stores, Wegmans is an incredible place to shop. We have been able to find items not available in other stores. And they have a food court that I often use for lunch. The wine store has a great collection of wine from all regions of the world and price ranges. And if you are a cheese or olive nut, you will want to stop by the cheese or olive bars. Just great!

Visited October 2012