“Restaurant review” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #31 of 321 Restaurants in Fairfax
Cuisines: Ethiopian
“Restaurant review”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

Best ethiopian restaurant I've been to in the DMV area. I recommend you to try it.
The entrées me and my had were the Derek Tibbs (beef) and the Beg Wot (lamb). It's a perfect combination of mild and spicy dishes respectively.
I'll definitely be there again and try out the other entrées, I'm sure I won't be disappointed.

Fairfax, Virginia
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

Best food ever, I recommend this restaurant. I will definetly return back. The food is authentic and the service is great. I tried other Ethiopian restaurants but this one is the best, really like their food

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Herndon, Virginia
“Great introduction to Ethiopian food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

I’d never tried Ethiopian food. My daughter, who loves the stuff, had never tried Sheba. So in we went on a recent Sunday afternoon. What a great lunch we had. My daughter says the food is as good as is at Dukem, her go-to place for Ethiopian in Washington D.C., though Sheba’s menu is more limited. We started with a samboussa, a pastry stuffed with spiced lentils. Delicious.Then came the main courses, dolloped out with side dishes (collard greens, lentils, green beans and carrots) on a big sheet of Ethiopian flatbread called injera and meant to be scooped up and eaten with smaller bits of injera. I went with derek tibs, lean beef cut up and sauteed with onion; my daughter ordered kitfo, raw, spicy beef. It was wonderful. Even my iced tea -- flavored with cinnamon -- was delicious. A bit expensive -- the bill came to nearly $47 with tax and tip, even though we passed up on alcohol, specifically the Ethiopian beer St. George. I’ll try some next time.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Centreville, Virginia
“Family, Friendly, yummy food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Very clean neat interior, family environment, and very nice service! I visited in doubt but turned out that I love Sheba's Ethiopian food. Tried all different flavors, beef, chicken, fish, and all are D.E.L.I.C.I.O.U.S!!! No need to visit crowded DC any more. This place will be my favorite Ethiopian place from now on~!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Woodbridge VA
“The Spicy Beef dish is worth the trip alone!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Went out with another couple this past Saturday night to Sheba. The decor is nice. This is a small little place across the street from Fair City Mall in Fairfax.

The menu was small (which I find a good thing.. I perfer a place that does 10 things correct than 30 things sub-par).

We ordered a Vegitarian Sampler, the Lamb Tibs, The Beef (with Awaze sauce <ok.. I might be spelling that wrong>, and the Crispy Ribs.

All the sides were good. Nothing that would make me say this is a better than other place, but no complaints here.

The Ribs were very nice, the fresh jalapenos and tomatoes just added a nice layer to this finely cooked beef rib.

The lamb was good (but a bit mild for my tastes). The Beef... Oh this beef dish. Spicy enough to make you break out into a bit of a sweat, but the flavors and the balance on this was just incredible. The whole table devowered this dish and all proclaimed it the total superstar of this restuarant.

This dish alone is worth a 90 mile drive at least.

A nice choice of 2 differnet Ethiopean Beers. A nice cinnimon hint on their iced tea.

The service was friendly and polite.

Make a stop in this place! (I was trying to find the name of the beef dish on their website, but the menu at the site, is not reflective of the menu served at the restaurant for the entrees.<as of Aug 11 2013>. There are more choices in the restaurant.

• Visited August 2013