“First in 45 years of hotel stays” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Falls Church - Merrifield

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Falls Church - Merrifield to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Falls Church - Merrifield
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8281 Willow Oaks Corporate Drive, Fairfax, VA 22031 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #18 of 22 Hotels in Fairfax
Houston, Texas
“First in 45 years of hotel stays”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I gave the place a 3 out of 5 overall only because it was a clean place but......I've NEVER stayed at a motel where ice was NOT made available to the client. Asked and was told NO ICE MACHINE!!! Also there was no facial tissue and the desk told me that they were out but would have some the NEXT WEEK!! Had it been my place, I would have sent a runner to Sam's or Walmart to pick up enough to oblige the clients but not this place. My first and last stay at Falls Church-Merrifield Extended Stay. Not a great way to get repeat customers. Shame on the management
for allowing this to happen!!

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Falls Church - Merrifield, responded to this review, 1 week ago
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The situation you described regarding the lack of supplies for your room is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. Your comments were reviewed by our staff, and we will address this issue to make sure your experience is not repeated. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. I would be happy to speak with you further. If you would like, please contact me directly, at mrd@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 6 weeks between June and July and thoroughly enjoyed my time.

The whole hotel is being renovated and the old pictures and reviews don't do it justice. The room itself was pretty stock standard and a bit smaller than the pictures but it was comfortable, neat and tidy. The hotel is about a 20-30min walk (or 5min bus ride on bus 1c) to the Dun Loring-Merrifield metro station. From there you can reach all of DC very conveniently. There is also a bus right outside the hotel to the Ballston metro station (bus 1z). The hotel is 5min walking distance to fast food restaurants and a CVS.

The highlight of my time at this hotel was the customer service I received from Gilbert. Gilbert was the afternoon and evening reception person and his customer service was excellent. Not only did he provide me with the highest level of service and sincere kindness, but being there for 6 weeks I saw how he interacted professionally and with a high standard of care for other customers in difficult situations. I would commend Gilbert to the Extended Stay management as a model of the exact person a customer wants to interact with when staying at a hotel. I am of the opinion that hotels become pretty stock standard but the service is what one remembers the most. This was an instance where Gilbert's representation of Extended Stay America customer service makes me want to stay there again in future.

Room Tip: All the rooms are pretty stock standard
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Falls Church
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014 via mobile

Hello,

I'm a guest at your located at 8281 Willow Oaks Corporate Dr. I am absolutely livid at the conditions that I have endured over the past 24 hours. I checked in yesterday, and noticed that the window screen was not in the window, but hanging in the closet. This is not very safe considering I'm on the first floor; and that the window was open upon our arrival. We then noticed two different species of bugs crawling on the floor in the front area and the bathroom. I then called the front desk to inform them of the situation. I was told to put towels under the door and that maintenance would be by to spray for bugs and fix the screen in the morning. I was not happy with that, so I went and purchased spray, and then prepared my family for a very restless night with bugs and a room without a window screen. I work nights, so my partner and oldest son went to get coffee and breakfast this morning. While there, my partner mentioned the situation to Suzanne, who happens to be the manager at this location. She brushed off her concerns with a "maintenance will stop by later and oh, they're just water beetles"; and my son was a witness to this entire exchange. My partner then requested (as I work nights) for maintenance to stop by later today (it was 8:30 am and I just hit the bed at 7:45). Imagine our surprise when we here a pounding at the door around 8:45! I awoke to the banging and answered, but he was already walking away. I then returned to bed, upset but determined to sleep because I'm exhausted. Unfortunately, that was not possible because 5 mins later, he returned with another man. They proceeded to pound on the door (I'm assuming because I didn't answer fast enough the first time. My partner then informed them that the door banging had awakened myself and my other son; and that they weren't supposed to come by until this afternoon. This extremely rude man told her in front of all of us "that's not my problem, my boss sent me...not once but four times. I then called the front desk and was told " oh, I didn't hear you say have maintenance come this aftenoon". I'm absolutely disgusted with the manner in which we have been treated. Please note the time on this email, as I'm sending it almost a hour after this happened(which means that I still have NOT been able to go back to sleep). Extended Stay has been my families preferred hotel for many years now. As a consumer, I find it extremely upsetting that this sort of thing could (and did) happen. I plan on forwarding this to Priceline (method of booking) ;because we are booked for 10 day stay and this entire situation is completely unacceptable.

• Stayed August 2014
Mt Olive
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

Traveling across country this was our first stop for 3 nights. Room had everything we needed. I would have liked more in the kitchen but it had the necessities like silverware dishes, cups, plastic glasses, pot and pan (singular). Has a toaster too. Nicely remodeled. Not luxurious but very clean and comfortable. We used the gas grill outside by some picnic tables. Location about a mile to metro station so we were in DC in 30 min or less. Also enjoyed the Target, Gold's Gym and shops in Merrifield.

• Stayed July 2014
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

Late check ins beware. Night staff is not very cooperative.
No vending machines could be found even though the night clerk mumbled something it's location. AC did not turn immediately. When I called 2nd time to enquire about vending machine the phone was not picked up.
Breakfast is a muffin and some coffee. But since I used priceline I got a deal. I would never pay the listed price.

• Stayed June 2014
Parkville, MD
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

We got the deal on Express Deals on Priceline, so we didn't know what we were getting at first. The room was a nice size, and the air conditioner worked very well. The check in and out clerks were professional. The room was in the back and the exterior there could use a little paint in some places. It was nothing fancy, and I would stay there again. Great location, close to Walmart, great restaurants. and right off the highway.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

The staff is awful.... Not just the clerk but the general manager, SUZANNE. The front desk guy (Eddie) is so outwardly worried about clients inquires because he is not in compliance with code of ethics and conduct. I stayed in this hotel for three times, and during my last visit, I just stayed for two hours and the front desk called the cops to my rooms without any reason. Police told me that the hotel complained about noise in my room which was not true at all. When I returned the key, I asked for receipt and front desk refuses to provide it. It was evident that clerk had a plan off stealing the TV and was easy for him to accuse me just because I pay cash, and he always gave me the same room number. There was a time when the clerk took my payment outside of the lobby area. Next day, hotel filed a complaint with the city accusing me of stealing the room TV. First, the hotel could easily solve this issue by contacting me or letting me know about the missing TV the time I surrendered the keys or the day after. Police departments have most important crimes to investigate a robbery performed for the Extended Stay hotel personnel. Please don't even think staying in this hotel unless you want your room burglarized or wrongly charged with stealing hotel amenities. The staff is awful.... Not just the clerk but the general manager, SUZANNE. The front desk guy (Eddie) is so outwardly worried about clients inquires because he is not in compliance with code of ethics and conduct.

Room Tip: Do not ever think staying in the Extended Stay America of Merrifield, Virginia. Manager and clerk g...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo

Been to Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Falls Church - Merrifield? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Falls Church - Merrifield

Address: 8281 Willow Oaks Corporate Drive, Fairfax, VA 22031 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites)
Location: United States > Virginia > Fairfax
Free Parking Wheelchair access
Ranked #18 of 22 Hotels in Fairfax
Hotel Class:2 star — Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Falls Church - Merrifield 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Extended Stay, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Despegar.com and Tingo so you can book your Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Falls Church - Merrifield reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Homestead Falls Church Hotel Fairfax
Extended Stay America Fairfax

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Falls Church - Merrifield, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.