“Great location! Happy travelers!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Falls Church - Merrifield

You added Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Falls Church - Merrifield to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Falls Church - Merrifield
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8281 Willow Oaks Corporate Drive, Fairfax, VA 22031 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #18 of 22 Hotels in Fairfax
Mt Olive
“Great location! Happy travelers!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

Traveling across country this was our first stop for 3 nights. Room had everything we needed. I would have liked more in the kitchen but it had the necessities like silverware dishes, cups, plastic glasses, pot and pan (singular). Has a toaster too. Nicely remodeled. Not luxurious but very clean and comfortable. We used the gas grill outside by some picnic tables. Location about a mile to metro station so we were in DC in 30 min or less. Also enjoyed the Target, Gold's Gym and shops in Merrifield.

• Stayed July 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

Late check ins beware. Night staff is not very cooperative.
No vending machines could be found even though the night clerk mumbled something it's location. AC did not turn immediately. When I called 2nd time to enquire about vending machine the phone was not picked up.
Breakfast is a muffin and some coffee. But since I used priceline I got a deal. I would never pay the listed price.

• Stayed June 2014
Parkville, MD
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

We got the deal on Express Deals on Priceline, so we didn't know what we were getting at first. The room was a nice size, and the air conditioner worked very well. The check in and out clerks were professional. The room was in the back and the exterior there could use a little paint in some places. It was nothing fancy, and I would stay there again. Great location, close to Walmart, great restaurants. and right off the highway.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

The staff is awful.... Not just the clerk but the general manager, SUZANNE. The front desk guy (Eddie) is so outwardly worried about clients inquires because he is not in compliance with code of ethics and conduct. I stayed in this hotel for three times, and during my last visit, I just stayed for two hours and the front desk called the cops to my rooms without any reason. Police told me that the hotel complained about noise in my room which was not true at all. When I returned the key, I asked for receipt and front desk refuses to provide it. It was evident that clerk had a plan off stealing the TV and was easy for him to accuse me just because I pay cash, and he always gave me the same room number. There was a time when the clerk took my payment outside of the lobby area. Next day, hotel filed a complaint with the city accusing me of stealing the room TV. First, the hotel could easily solve this issue by contacting me or letting me know about the missing TV the time I surrendered the keys or the day after. Police departments have most important crimes to investigate a robbery performed for the Extended Stay hotel personnel. Please don't even think staying in this hotel unless you want your room burglarized or wrongly charged with stealing hotel amenities. The staff is awful.... Not just the clerk but the general manager, SUZANNE. The front desk guy (Eddie) is so outwardly worried about clients inquires because he is not in compliance with code of ethics and conduct.

Room Tip: Do not ever think staying in the Extended Stay America of Merrifield, Virginia. Manager and clerk g...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
New Haven, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

I selected Extended Stay due to its availability, not because I needed a room for any length of time (only one night). I was hesitant because of other reviews but had limited choices due to multiple events happening in the DC area. The room was recently updated, modernized and very clean. The front desk staff were extremely pleasant and friendly. The area felt safe for the solo traveler. I can't say I have any complaints, per say, because I knew this would not be the type of hotel I usually book when traveling for business, but it was acceptable and convenient for one night. The only issues I had were with the cleaning product odor - very strong to the point where I was sneezing and had a headache - but I can't complain that the place wasn't clean. It would also be helpful if there was a privacy curtain in addition to the black out curtain in the front window so you can let daylight in while still having privacy.

Room Tip: First floor is convenient, since you can park your car literally right outside your door. 2nd floor...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

Though it was clean, there was broken furniture, nonworking lights, broken curtain rod, the room temperature fluctuant but room served it's purpose for a 2 night stay. The TV was ancient and quality was poor but I wasn't there to watch TV. Kept telling myself you just need a clean place to sleep and that's all it was.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Goldsboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

I would like everyone to know how wonderful our stay was at this hotel. I booked 5 rooms and everyone of us was treated wonderfully. The whole staff from the General Manager Suzanne, to the front desk, to the whole staff. They even gave us a discount because we were there for a burial of a Vietnam Veteran @ Arlington National Cemetary. They let us gather in the breakfast room at night. Just so understanding and very accommodating. We plan on always making this our hotel to stay at every time we go there. Thank you all so much again. Sincerely!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Falls Church - Merrifield, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Diane - The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such complimentary things about your experience while staying at our hotel. I'm so pleased to hear that you felt welcome and were treated well. We were honored that you chose to bring your family to stay with us for such a special occasion.

Been to Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Falls Church - Merrifield? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Falls Church - Merrifield

Address: 8281 Willow Oaks Corporate Drive, Fairfax, VA 22031 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites)
Location: United States > Virginia > Fairfax
Free Parking Wheelchair access
Ranked #18 of 22 Hotels in Fairfax
Hotel Class:2 star — Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Falls Church - Merrifield 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Extended Stay, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Falls Church - Merrifield reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Homestead Falls Church Hotel Fairfax
Extended Stay America Fairfax

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Falls Church - Merrifield, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.