“Very clean and convenient, friendly staff” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Falls Church - Merrifield

You added Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Falls Church - Merrifield to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Falls Church - Merrifield
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8281 Willow Oaks Corporate Drive, Fairfax, VA 22031 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
SAVE 15% TODAY!
Ranked #17 of 21 Hotels in Fairfax
New Haven, Connecticut
“Very clean and convenient, friendly staff”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

I selected Extended Stay due to its availability, not because I needed a room for any length of time (only one night). I was hesitant because of other reviews but had limited choices due to multiple events happening in the DC area. The room was recently updated, modernized and very clean. The front desk staff were extremely pleasant and friendly. The area felt safe for the solo traveler. I can't say I have any complaints, per say, because I knew this would not be the type of hotel I usually book when traveling for business, but it was acceptable and convenient for one night. The only issues I had were with the cleaning product odor - very strong to the point where I was sneezing and had a headache - but I can't complain that the place wasn't clean. It would also be helpful if there was a privacy curtain in addition to the black out curtain in the front window so you can let daylight in while still having privacy.

Room Tip: First floor is convenient, since you can park your car literally right outside your door. 2nd floor...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

Though it was clean, there was broken furniture, nonworking lights, broken curtain rod, the room temperature fluctuant but room served it's purpose for a 2 night stay. The TV was ancient and quality was poor but I wasn't there to watch TV. Kept telling myself you just need a clean place to sleep and that's all it was.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Goldsboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

I would like everyone to know how wonderful our stay was at this hotel. I booked 5 rooms and everyone of us was treated wonderfully. The whole staff from the General Manager Suzanne, to the front desk, to the whole staff. They even gave us a discount because we were there for a burial of a Vietnam Veteran @ Arlington National Cemetary. They let us gather in the breakfast room at night. Just so understanding and very accommodating. We plan on always making this our hotel to stay at every time we go there. Thank you all so much again. Sincerely!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Falls Church - Merrifield, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Diane - The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such complimentary things about your experience while staying at our hotel. I'm so pleased to hear that you felt welcome and were treated well. We were honored that you chose to bring your family to stay with us for such a special occasion.

Winnebago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

The staff was very accommodating and helpful! I found the hotel itself to be clean, well kept, and a good value for my stay. Nice flat screen TV and kitchenette. Bed was comfortable and I would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Falls Church - Merrifield, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Charles - The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such wonderful things about the comfort of your room and all of the amenities our hotel has to offer. As well, I am glad to read that you were pleased with our staff who strive to give all our guests a "home away from home" experience.

Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

I am pretty tolerant but, apart from the location there is nothing positive to say about. I brought a group of guys that work for me to stay at this nasty place. I don't even know where to begin. When we made our reservations the lady was plane rude. Upon checking in, we were greeted by this Hispanic lady who took forever and a day to come out from the back. I assume it was the same lady who took my reservations few hours earlier. When I got to my rooms, I noticed how outdated and moldy the carpets and bed covers were. Cockroaches, dirty sheets, horrible odor, I could go on and on. There were cigarette butts outside the doorsteps. Another of the rooms my coworker was in had a shower that would not drain. It was never fixed during our stay. I was so disappointed in this lodging that I wouldn't even recommend this to my worst enemy. I have previously stayed in other Extended Stay hotels across the country but they all had an outstanding customer service, better rooms and were wonderful overall. Now this place, its a different story. This was awful!

Couple days later, the "free WiFi" was not working and when I called the front desk, I was told it was my problem since the person I was speaking to didn't know how to fix it. Mind you, this was the same lady from few days ago....still very rude and ignorant even in person! Through out our stay, I noticed the people staying at this "hotel" were either construction workers or prostitutes. This place is not worth any discount they are willing to provide. Few days before we checked out, I met the only person who seemed to have a clue what a genuine customer service meant and that was Gilbert. He was always so cheerful and helpful so kudos to this young man! Our reservation was originally for couple weeks but we ended up checking out of this nasty place 4 nights later to a different hotel down the street. Not a good experience whatsoever!!

Room Tip: I can't imagine why people bother staying here.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Winchester, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

An average but very reasonably priced hotel. Very close to Fairfax Hospital (walking distance). No shuttle to metro. Bare bones hotel but that is what the chain is known for. Has full size refrigerator. This was cleaner and in better condition than others we have stayed in from the same chain. You must request shampoo and other toiletries from front desk. Remember you get what you pay for and this place is fair for its price.

Room Tip: Room in the rear was quiet and felt safe.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Falls Church - Merrifield, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with your stay. I truly appreciate your comments about the cleanliness of the room and the security of the location.

maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

My husband and came to this area for a retirement dinner and to visit some friends and relatives. We booked through priceline.com and I feel this hotel/motel was misrepresented and overrated. It is set up like a motel and the inside rooms feel like a dormitory. Everything is low end and cheap looking. The bed is small and uncomfortable. There is no daily maid service. They provide maid service once a week! The TV service is sub standard. The TV must be 15 years old as it is a very old model.

I disagree with the nurse who wrote up a 5 star review on this place. It is not even a 2 star in my opinion. The wi fi is very spotty. There were numerous things that we expected to receive based join the priceline.com site but we did not get them.

I cannot wait until the morning when I can get in my car and drive home! This place sucks,

Room Tip: I could not recommend this hotel unless all you care about is getting anything cheap because it does...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fairfax
Homewood Suites by Hilton Falls Church
Hilton Garden Inn Falls Church
Hilton Garden Inn Falls Church
#3 of 17 in Falls Church
4.5 of 5 stars 183 reviews

Been to Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Falls Church - Merrifield? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Falls Church - Merrifield

Address: 8281 Willow Oaks Corporate Drive, Fairfax, VA 22031 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites)
Location: United States > Virginia > Fairfax
Free Parking Wheelchair access
Ranked #17 of 21 Hotels in Fairfax
Hotel Class:2 star — Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Falls Church - Merrifield 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Extended Stay, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Falls Church - Merrifield reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Homestead Falls Church Hotel Fairfax
Extended Stay America Fairfax

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Falls Church - Merrifield, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.