Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Falls Church - Merrifield to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Falls Church - Merrifield
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8281 Willow Oaks Corporate Drive, Fairfax, VA 22031 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #18 of 22 hotels in Fairfax
Winnebago
“Great Svc”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

The staff was very accommodating and helpful! I found the hotel itself to be clean, well kept, and a good value for my stay. Nice flat screen TV and kitchenette. Bed was comfortable and I would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Falls Church - Merrifield, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Charles - The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such wonderful things about the comfort of your room and all of the amenities our hotel has to offer. As well, I am glad to read that you were pleased with our staff who strive to give all our guests a "home away from home" experience.

34 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

I am pretty tolerant but, apart from the location there is nothing positive to say about. I brought a group of guys that work for me to stay at this nasty place. I don't even know where to begin. When we made our reservations the lady was plane rude. Upon checking in, we were greeted by this Hispanic lady who took forever and a day to come out from the back. I assume it was the same lady who took my reservations few hours earlier. When I got to my rooms, I noticed how outdated and moldy the carpets and bed covers were. Cockroaches, dirty sheets, horrible odor, I could go on and on. There were cigarette butts outside the doorsteps. Another of the rooms my coworker was in had a shower that would not drain. It was never fixed during our stay. I was so disappointed in this lodging that I wouldn't even recommend this to my worst enemy. I have previously stayed in other Extended Stay hotels across the country but they all had an outstanding customer service, better rooms and were wonderful overall. Now this place, its a different story. This was awful!

Couple days later, the "free WiFi" was not working and when I called the front desk, I was told it was my problem since the person I was speaking to didn't know how to fix it. Mind you, this was the same lady from few days ago....still very rude and ignorant even in person! Through out our stay, I noticed the people staying at this "hotel" were either construction workers or prostitutes. This place is not worth any discount they are willing to provide. Few days before we checked out, I met the only person who seemed to have a clue what a genuine customer service meant and that was Gilbert. He was always so cheerful and helpful so kudos to this young man! Our reservation was originally for couple weeks but we ended up checking out of this nasty place 4 nights later to a different hotel down the street. Not a good experience whatsoever!!

Room Tip: I can't imagine why people bother staying here.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Winchester, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

An average but very reasonably priced hotel. Very close to Fairfax Hospital (walking distance). No shuttle to metro. Bare bones hotel but that is what the chain is known for. Has full size refrigerator. This was cleaner and in better condition than others we have stayed in from the same chain. You must request shampoo and other toiletries from front desk. Remember you get what you pay for and this place is fair for its price.

Room Tip: Room in the rear was quiet and felt safe.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Falls Church - Merrifield, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with your stay. I truly appreciate your comments about the cleanliness of the room and the security of the location.

maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

My husband and came to this area for a retirement dinner and to visit some friends and relatives. We booked through priceline.com and I feel this hotel/motel was misrepresented and overrated. It is set up like a motel and the inside rooms feel like a dormitory. Everything is low end and cheap looking. The bed is small and uncomfortable. There is no daily maid service. They provide maid service once a week! The TV service is sub standard. The TV must be 15 years old as it is a very old model.

I disagree with the nurse who wrote up a 5 star review on this place. It is not even a 2 star in my opinion. The wi fi is very spotty. There were numerous things that we expected to receive based join the priceline.com site but we did not get them.

I cannot wait until the morning when I can get in my car and drive home! This place sucks,

Room Tip: I could not recommend this hotel unless all you care about is getting anything cheap because it does...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dover, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

I am at this hotel every week for 2-3 days at a time. The hotel is just minutes from all the attractions in DC and Va. The metro is just a few miles down rt 650, and just past the metro is Tysons Corner (which is a shoppers dream).
If you are looking for a hotel with room service, a business center, a pool or a shuttle service this one is not for you
If you are looking for clean rooms, employees that that are friendly and will bend over backwards to satisfy your needs then this hotel will fulfill your needs.
When I come to work in Falls Church I want a clean room, internet, a fridge, microwave, and tv. I am always greeted with a smile and by name. If I have any problems they address them right away. I am a nurse that works 12 hr night shift, the staff is aware of this and makes sure to keep me on a quiet end of the hotel if it is possible.
I have been coming to this hotel weekly for about 4 years now. Eddie is usually the one who checks me in and I have nothing but great things to say about him. I have met the manager on a few occasions along with other staff and they good also.

Room Tip: If you have any special needs or requests let the hotel know when you book your reservation. I also...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Falls Church - Merrifield, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Vicky - Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I am proud of our team for making you feel welcome and comfortable at our hotel. I will be sure to share your kind words with the entire staff, especially Eddie.

Baltimore, MD
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

This is a bare bones place with good service at the front desk, but the rooms need some help. The linens would be at home in a one-star roadside inn but are much to cheap, old and scratchy for what this place presents itself to be. Even though room is billed as non-smoking I had a major allergic reaction to the pillows and linens and it certainly smelled like smoke after the unit had been running for a few hours. Bathroom had dozens of long dark hairs everywhere (I am a balding blond). Not even coffee provided in the spacious lobby. Parking is very limited, at least on the side of the hotel where they put everyone. Paint in room was pealing, especially in the bathroom. The Priceline rate was great, but you do get only what you pay for.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the side where not all the rooms are taken, especially by contractors with equipme...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Suzanne l, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Falls Church - Merrifield, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
I recently received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to respond. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff. I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

REPULSIVE. This "hotel" is WORSE than the motel 6 by a long shot. I did the name your own price through expedia and got put in this dump. I walked into my room and the first thing I noticed is the bed isn't made. EW! 2nd thing I notice is the large spider web by the toilet with MULTIPLE ALIVE SPIDERS! (Picture attached) Freaked out, I rush to the front desk and get a new room. The second one isn't much better. Time to check out.

• Stayed April 2013
Suzanne l, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Falls Church - Merrifield, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
I recently received a copy of your review of the Homestead Washington, D.C. - Falls Church - Merrifield. would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory.

I do appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns about the cleanliness of your accommodation. First, please know that we have strict quality control standards that are meant to prevent a situation like yours from occurring. Standard cleaning procedures include a thorough cleaning and disinfecting of kitchens and bathrooms. Given the account you described, there was clearly an unacceptable break down in our regular operations, so I have met with my staff to determine a system for preventing a repeat occurrence.

Been to Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Falls Church - Merrifield? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Falls Church - Merrifield

Address: 8281 Willow Oaks Corporate Drive, Fairfax, VA 22031 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites)
Location: United States > Virginia > Fairfax
Free Parking Wheelchair access
Ranked #18 of 22 hotels in Fairfax
Hotel Class:2 star — Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Falls Church - Merrifield 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Extended Stay, Priceline, Expedia, Tingo, Despegar.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Falls Church - Merrifield reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Homestead Falls Church Hotel Fairfax
Extended Stay America Fairfax

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Falls Church - Merrifield, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.