“This place is dismal....I cannot wait until morning so I can leave” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Falls Church - Merrifield

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Falls Church - Merrifield to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Falls Church - Merrifield
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8281 Willow Oaks Corporate Drive, Fairfax, VA 22031 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #18 of 22 hotels in Fairfax
maryland
“This place is dismal....I cannot wait until morning so I can leave”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

My husband and came to this area for a retirement dinner and to visit some friends and relatives. We booked through priceline.com and I feel this hotel/motel was misrepresented and overrated. It is set up like a motel and the inside rooms feel like a dormitory. Everything is low end and cheap looking. The bed is small and uncomfortable. There is no daily maid service. They provide maid service once a week! The TV service is sub standard. The TV must be 15 years old as it is a very old model.

I disagree with the nurse who wrote up a 5 star review on this place. It is not even a 2 star in my opinion. The wi fi is very spotty. There were numerous things that we expected to receive based join the priceline.com site but we did not get them.

I cannot wait until the morning when I can get in my car and drive home! This place sucks,

Room Tip: I could not recommend this hotel unless all you care about is getting anything cheap because it does...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

36 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Dover, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

I am at this hotel every week for 2-3 days at a time. The hotel is just minutes from all the attractions in DC and Va. The metro is just a few miles down rt 650, and just past the metro is Tysons Corner (which is a shoppers dream).
If you are looking for a hotel with room service, a business center, a pool or a shuttle service this one is not for you
If you are looking for clean rooms, employees that that are friendly and will bend over backwards to satisfy your needs then this hotel will fulfill your needs.
When I come to work in Falls Church I want a clean room, internet, a fridge, microwave, and tv. I am always greeted with a smile and by name. If I have any problems they address them right away. I am a nurse that works 12 hr night shift, the staff is aware of this and makes sure to keep me on a quiet end of the hotel if it is possible.
I have been coming to this hotel weekly for about 4 years now. Eddie is usually the one who checks me in and I have nothing but great things to say about him. I have met the manager on a few occasions along with other staff and they good also.

Room Tip: If you have any special needs or requests let the hotel know when you book your reservation. I also...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Falls Church - Merrifield, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Vicky - Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I am proud of our team for making you feel welcome and comfortable at our hotel. I will be sure to share your kind words with the entire staff, especially Eddie.

Baltimore, MD
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

This is a bare bones place with good service at the front desk, but the rooms need some help. The linens would be at home in a one-star roadside inn but are much to cheap, old and scratchy for what this place presents itself to be. Even though room is billed as non-smoking I had a major allergic reaction to the pillows and linens and it certainly smelled like smoke after the unit had been running for a few hours. Bathroom had dozens of long dark hairs everywhere (I am a balding blond). Not even coffee provided in the spacious lobby. Parking is very limited, at least on the side of the hotel where they put everyone. Paint in room was pealing, especially in the bathroom. The Priceline rate was great, but you do get only what you pay for.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the side where not all the rooms are taken, especially by contractors with equipme...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Suzanne l, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Falls Church - Merrifield, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
I recently received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to respond. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff. I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

REPULSIVE. This "hotel" is WORSE than the motel 6 by a long shot. I did the name your own price through expedia and got put in this dump. I walked into my room and the first thing I noticed is the bed isn't made. EW! 2nd thing I notice is the large spider web by the toilet with MULTIPLE ALIVE SPIDERS! (Picture attached) Freaked out, I rush to the front desk and get a new room. The second one isn't much better. Time to check out.

• Stayed April 2013
Suzanne l, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Falls Church - Merrifield, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
I recently received a copy of your review of the Homestead Washington, D.C. - Falls Church - Merrifield. would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory.

I do appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns about the cleanliness of your accommodation. First, please know that we have strict quality control standards that are meant to prevent a situation like yours from occurring. Standard cleaning procedures include a thorough cleaning and disinfecting of kitchens and bathrooms. Given the account you described, there was clearly an unacceptable break down in our regular operations, so I have met with my staff to determine a system for preventing a repeat occurrence.

Fairfax, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I stayed at this hotel many many nights in the last 3-4 years. I will not hesitate to recomend it to any one if I am asked. very safe,very clean,friendly staff, super helpfull general manager.Ms Suzanne, and Eddie at the desk a big help when you need him. having some major health problems,they make me forget it all.

Room Tip: corner rooms are the best,very large and quiet.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Suzanne l, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Falls Church - Merrifield, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
"I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to write such wonderful things about your experience. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. Our business is one in which the staff gets to know our guests, who sometimes stay with us for weeks or months. We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays.

Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words."
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Every month, for about 10 years, I have been using this hotel. You can't beat the price when it comes to location, convenience, cleanliness, safety, and staff. Since when I visit, I'm there for 3-5 days at a time, I love having the kitchenette.

The staff is wondeful. I've had very few problems over the years. And when I have, they have been quick to fix them.

The manager and Eddie are wonderful. And since I fly in, they've always been accommodating to my arrival times. I've never had to request an early check in. Since they know me, they always have a room ready when I arrive.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Suzanne l, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Falls Church - Merrifield, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
"Thank you so very much for your nice review of our property. Whenever I read comments like yours, it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our priority.

Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words."
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013 via mobile

I stay at this hotel every week for 3 to 4 days a week for business. The rooms are clean, the staff extrememy friendly and the location is only 1/4 mile from my work. I have the most interaction with Eddie because I chech in on sundays, he corrects any problems immediately and is always prompt, changing my room if necessary. I have had interactions with other members but I don't remember their names.

• Stayed February 2013

Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) location."

Been to Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Falls Church - Merrifield? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Falls Church - Merrifield

Address: 8281 Willow Oaks Corporate Drive, Fairfax, VA 22031 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites)
Location: United States > Virginia > Fairfax
Free Parking Wheelchair access
Ranked #18 of 22 hotels in Fairfax
Hotel Class:2 star — Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Falls Church - Merrifield 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Extended Stay, Expedia, Hotels.com, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Otel and Venere so you can book your Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Falls Church - Merrifield reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Homestead Falls Church Hotel Fairfax
Extended Stay America Fairfax

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Falls Church - Merrifield, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.