“You Get What You Pay For” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Falls Church - Merrifield

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Falls Church - Merrifield to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Falls Church - Merrifield
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8281 Willow Oaks Corporate Drive, Fairfax, VA 22031 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #18 of 22 hotels in Fairfax
Baltimore, MD
“You Get What You Pay For”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

This is a bare bones place with good service at the front desk, but the rooms need some help. The linens would be at home in a one-star roadside inn but are much to cheap, old and scratchy for what this place presents itself to be. Even though room is billed as non-smoking I had a major allergic reaction to the pillows and linens and it certainly smelled like smoke after the unit had been running for a few hours. Bathroom had dozens of long dark hairs everywhere (I am a balding blond). Not even coffee provided in the spacious lobby. Parking is very limited, at least on the side of the hotel where they put everyone. Paint in room was pealing, especially in the bathroom. The Priceline rate was great, but you do get only what you pay for.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the side where not all the rooms are taken, especially by contractors with equipme...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Suzanne l, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Falls Church - Merrifield, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
I recently received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to respond. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff. I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory.

34 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

REPULSIVE. This "hotel" is WORSE than the motel 6 by a long shot. I did the name your own price through expedia and got put in this dump. I walked into my room and the first thing I noticed is the bed isn't made. EW! 2nd thing I notice is the large spider web by the toilet with MULTIPLE ALIVE SPIDERS! (Picture attached) Freaked out, I rush to the front desk and get a new room. The second one isn't much better. Time to check out.

• Stayed April 2013
Suzanne l, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Falls Church - Merrifield, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
I recently received a copy of your review of the Homestead Washington, D.C. - Falls Church - Merrifield. would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory.

I do appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns about the cleanliness of your accommodation. First, please know that we have strict quality control standards that are meant to prevent a situation like yours from occurring. Standard cleaning procedures include a thorough cleaning and disinfecting of kitchens and bathrooms. Given the account you described, there was clearly an unacceptable break down in our regular operations, so I have met with my staff to determine a system for preventing a repeat occurrence.

Fairfax, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I stayed at this hotel many many nights in the last 3-4 years. I will not hesitate to recomend it to any one if I am asked. very safe,very clean,friendly staff, super helpfull general manager.Ms Suzanne, and Eddie at the desk a big help when you need him. having some major health problems,they make me forget it all.

Room Tip: corner rooms are the best,very large and quiet.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Suzanne l, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Falls Church - Merrifield, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
"I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to write such wonderful things about your experience. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. Our business is one in which the staff gets to know our guests, who sometimes stay with us for weeks or months. We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays.

Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words."
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Every month, for about 10 years, I have been using this hotel. You can't beat the price when it comes to location, convenience, cleanliness, safety, and staff. Since when I visit, I'm there for 3-5 days at a time, I love having the kitchenette.

The staff is wondeful. I've had very few problems over the years. And when I have, they have been quick to fix them.

The manager and Eddie are wonderful. And since I fly in, they've always been accommodating to my arrival times. I've never had to request an early check in. Since they know me, they always have a room ready when I arrive.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Suzanne l, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Falls Church - Merrifield, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
"Thank you so very much for your nice review of our property. Whenever I read comments like yours, it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our priority.

Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words."
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013 via mobile

I stay at this hotel every week for 3 to 4 days a week for business. The rooms are clean, the staff extrememy friendly and the location is only 1/4 mile from my work. I have the most interaction with Eddie because I chech in on sundays, he corrects any problems immediately and is always prompt, changing my room if necessary. I have had interactions with other members but I don't remember their names.

• Stayed February 2013

Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) location."
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

This was one of the worst hotel experiences ever! (I travel a lot so I've been to many hotels). I walked in the bathroom and there were bath towels all over the tub! I couldn't tell if they were dirty or clean, but it was a mess! There's a bar soap, that was broken in half, out of package, USED and sitting on the soap stand of the bath tub. Next I saw tiny little black hairs in some parts of the bathroom. I then started looking for the hair dryer. Instead of hanging on the wall where a hair dryer stand was, it was in the sink, TOUCHING THE TOILET PLUNGER! I went out for a day, came back to the hotel at night around 11 and couldn't get into my room. I went to the front desk again after going already for towel and soap, and they said that whoever did the transaction only marked the key available for one night. Then next morning I woke up, BLOOD STAINS ON THE SHEETS BY MY FOOT! I checked on myself for cuts, I was perfectly fine. So hope this explains why this was the worst and dirtiest hotel experience ever!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Suzanne l, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Falls Church - Merrifield, responded to this review, January 14, 2013

2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for one night because it was close to a next day appointment, but wouldn't repeat no matter how convenient. Desk clerks were terrific and thats about the only plus-place was otherwise very shabby and 1970. Rug and chair were soiled and worn, tv was the balloon model, bedspread was awful, etc. Safety lock on my first room was snapped off. No amenities. Wifi was okay.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. The issue you described is not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. To prevent this from happening again, my team is addressing this issue. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. I invite you to contact me at mrd@extendedstay.com if you have any additional comments. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Been to Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Falls Church - Merrifield? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Falls Church - Merrifield

Address: 8281 Willow Oaks Corporate Drive, Fairfax, VA 22031 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites)
Location: United States > Virginia > Fairfax
Free Parking Wheelchair access
Ranked #18 of 22 hotels in Fairfax
Hotel Class:2 star — Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Falls Church - Merrifield 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Extended Stay, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Falls Church - Merrifield reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Homestead Falls Church Hotel Fairfax
Extended Stay America Fairfax

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Falls Church - Merrifield, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.