“Consistent experience for the Business Traveler” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Falls Church - Merrifield

You added Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Falls Church - Merrifield to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Falls Church - Merrifield
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8281 Willow Oaks Corporate Drive, Fairfax, VA 22031 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #18 of 22 Hotels in Fairfax
Fairfax, Virginia
“Consistent experience for the Business Traveler”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

The Homestead Studio Suites - Washintgon, D.C. - Falls Church - Merrifield provides a consistent experience for the business traveler. The staff are friendly and helpful and the location is excellent for those traveling to Washington D.C. for business. I would recommend The Homestead Studio Suites - Washintgon, D.C. - Falls Church - Merrifield for business travelers in this area.

Room Tip: all rooms are consistent
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Suzanne l, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Falls Church - Merrifield, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Homestead Washington, D.C. - Falls Church - Merrifield. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our priority.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Sydney
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

I recently stayed here due to close proximity to the hospital but couldn't wait to leave. When I walk into a hotel room and can only smell air freshener I think it's a sign of more to come. I found hairs in the sink and on the bathroom bench, soap scum on the sink and all round grubbiness in the kitchen area. The room itself was dark and dismal. Worst of all, the so-called in room wi-fi consisted of, on average, 5 mins per hour online and 55 mins trying to connect or reconnect. There is no food available on site or nearby so would only be suitable for guests with a vehicle. The staff were friendly. When I asked for the room to be cleaned I received an apology and promise it would be sorted the following day. Except it wasn't. Or the day after that. Oh, and the aircon didn't work. I propped my door open with a chair when i could and I could almost hear the room gasp at it's first contact with fresh air in a long long time.

Room Tip: Avoid ground floor rooms, particularly those located under a stairwell.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
I recently received a copy of your review of the Homestead Washington, D.C. - Falls Church - Merrifield. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff. I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory.

I do appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns about the cleanliness of your accommodation. First, please know that we have strict quality control standards that are meant to prevent a situation like yours from occurring. Standard cleaning procedures include a thorough cleaning and disinfecting of kitchens and bathrooms. Additionally, prior to making any room available, we inspect it to ensure that our normal procedures have been followed. Given the account you described, there was clearly an unacceptable break down in our regular operations, so I have met with my staff to determine a system for preventing a repeat occurrence.

Evansville, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

I put down 4 points for my stay here but should have been 3.5 (good, not "very good"). First of all, I knew it was an extended stay hotel. It was my first time staying in one of these and I had researched it before booking it (including reading TA reviews).
Making a reservation was very easy. I based my decision on location (close to a place I had to visit) and price (one of the least expensive in the area but not cheap at all). I called beforehand to learn about the options for getting there without a car. Since I arrived to Fairfax using the metro train, I took a cab from the metro station to the hotel (less than 10 USD). It's certainly not in walking distance to the station and it's next to a wide highway. Didn't try to cross it.
The room had a kitchenette, countertops and a comfortable bed. The stove was an old, electrical one and the fridge was OK. The bathroom was clean, but you could see it needed some renovations. Internet was fast enough for what I needed and didn't get disconnected. AC/Heat was OK and not noisy.
I only stayed for 2 nights, so I probably didn't get the chance to notice some of the problems other reviewers had. Oh! And there is no elevator; luckily I only had a carry-on but if I would have had more luggage it would have been troublesome.
I noticed several reviews about unclean rooms, but I guess I got lucky. I would suggest asking for another room immediately if you are not satisfied, don't wait too long.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Falls Church - Merrifield, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of the Homestead Washington, D.C. - Falls Church - Merrifield. We take great pride in offering a clean, comfortable room at an affordable price, so I was happy to read your comments about your accommodations. However, I was disappointed to read the rest of your remarks. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

It's not common that we get the sort of feedback you provided, and although it is discouraging to read, it will help us make our hotel even better in the future. Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly (please visit our website and click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page). I hope we have addressed your concern satisfactorily, and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) brand location in the future
harrisburg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

I was looking for a hotel that stayed within my budget. I found the place. Nice clean room, the staff is friendly and helped me to plan transit needs and the best places to dine, shop for groceries. When I am away from home my biggest concern is being safe and comfortable. I found both here.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Falls Church - Merrifield, responded to this review, April 30, 2012
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Homestead Washington, D.C. - Falls Church - Merrifield. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. Our business is one in which the staff gets to know our guests, who sometimes stay with us for weeks or months. We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays.

Springfield
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2012

It feels safe here, I feel as though my valuables and car won't be stolen. The bed is ok, I don't wake up in the middle of the night, but that might be a testament to how busy I am. The kitchen fulfills most of my needs. The bathroom is large. That's about the end of the positive stuff.

The room was "cleaned" but it seems like they did nothing. The bathroom/kitchen floor is ridiculously sticky and nasty, I have to wear socks where ever I walk here, even after getting out of the shower. The carpet doesn't look like it was vacuumed at all. There are cobwebs all over the ceiling and spiders sometimes come down from those cobwebs (one was right in front of my face while hanging down). There was no documentation stating that there was no Dishwasher, and the drying rack is disgusting looking with black and green stains all over it. The counter top in the kitchen is gross, with yellow and red stains on it, and they won't wash out. The internet was sub-par at best, but after purchasing the better internet for $30 a month, the speed went up considerably, but the reliability did not at all, and I still get frequent disconnects. The documentation states that there should be an uplink plug in the room to access the internet via a LAN cable, but I looked around, called the main office, and it isn't here. Some of the staff here are complete morons and have no idea how to solve even the most basic problems, attempting to understand what I said to them with a dumb look while saying "uhmmm" the whole time. The ceiling isn't well insulated and I can easily hear people above me, but at least they aren't too loud. Overall, I will not be staying here again, and I will not recommend staying here, but I will stay the rest of my reservation time, as it's too late to stay anywhere else for these prices.

Just because I pay $80 a night at a hotel within 30 minutes drive of DC doesn't let you say "well you get what you pay for" (that is what the person at the front desk told me when I compared this place to the Residence Inn I just came from that charged $135 a night for a 1 bedroom suite). I'm paying for a nice place to stay at an affordable price, that means that it should be no frills. I can understand not having a dishwasher, you can consider that a "frill," but if the substitute for it is a disease infested plastic drying board, that isn't what I'm paying for. This place is NOT getting cleaned, and it honestly doesn't seem like it has been cleaned in months. When I first arrived, the person at the front desk said that it was cleaned before I arrived, and there was food particles on the counter-top. That means that either the room wasn't cleaned and I was lied to, or the room was cleaned and the cleaning crew is incompetent. Either way, I'm not paying less money to not have my room cleaned properly, that is ridiculous and the hotel should take more responsibility for these conditions.

In the end, it was pretty disgusting, and I can't wait until my stay is over so I can move in to my apartment. Words of advise: don't use the silverware and dishes they give you, no one cleans them at all, buy your own tissues/toilet paper/paper towels, the tissues and toilet paper they provide are like sand paper, and there aren't any paper towels at all, wear socks/slippers the entire time while here, the floor is disgusting, and it feels like there is 10 years worth of filth soaked into the tile floor, make sure the door is closed when you leave, a couple times I have left and the door never fully closed (good thing I double checked).

If you want somewhere to stay that is affordable, find somewhere further away from DC, or pay a little extra.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Homestead Washington, D.C. - Falls Church - Merrifield. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am. We strive to ensure that our guests have an exceptional stay, so the experience you described is truly regrettable. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have brought each of the issues you expressed to the attention of our staff.

USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

I have stayed at this location multiple times over the past 8 years and have have experienced a consistent level of quality and service.  The rooms are clean enough and fairly comfortable, but the renovation is aging.  The location is quite.  The staff are generally helpful.  This hotel is the best you can expect in this price range in this area.  Most of the clientele are contract workers in town for a job during the week and they leave on the weekends.  Due to the residential nature this brings, the hotel has created a picnic area and has a grill you can use.  It is walking distance from two shopping plazas with several decent restaurants, a CVS, Starbucks, nail salon, gas station, McDonalds, and Staples.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
U.S.A.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2011

Has working kitchen. Relatively clean. Meant for extended stay guests.

Not within walking distance to a Metro station. Have to drive or cab.

There was a rally going on during my stay, so I had to take a cab all the way into DC for a meeting which was expensive. I could've just stayed in a more expensive place in DC had I known this would've happened.

They charge you for internet wifi.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business

Been to Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Falls Church - Merrifield? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Falls Church - Merrifield

Address: 8281 Willow Oaks Corporate Drive, Fairfax, VA 22031 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites)
Location: United States > Virginia > Fairfax
Free Parking Wheelchair access
Ranked #18 of 22 Hotels in Fairfax
Hotel Class:2 star — Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Falls Church - Merrifield 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Extended Stay, Orbitz, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Falls Church - Merrifield reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Homestead Falls Church Hotel Fairfax
Extended Stay America Fairfax

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Falls Church - Merrifield, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.