Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Falls Church - Merrifield to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Falls Church - Merrifield
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8281 Willow Oaks Corporate Drive, Fairfax, VA 22031 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #18 of 22 hotels in Fairfax
harrisburg
“Safe & Comfortable...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

I was looking for a hotel that stayed within my budget. I found the place. Nice clean room, the staff is friendly and helped me to plan transit needs and the best places to dine, shop for groceries. When I am away from home my biggest concern is being safe and comfortable. I found both here.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Falls Church - Merrifield, responded to this review, April 30, 2012
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Homestead Washington, D.C. - Falls Church - Merrifield. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. Our business is one in which the staff gets to know our guests, who sometimes stay with us for weeks or months. We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays.

34 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Springfield
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2012

It feels safe here, I feel as though my valuables and car won't be stolen. The bed is ok, I don't wake up in the middle of the night, but that might be a testament to how busy I am. The kitchen fulfills most of my needs. The bathroom is large. That's about the end of the positive stuff.

The room was "cleaned" but it seems like they did nothing. The bathroom/kitchen floor is ridiculously sticky and nasty, I have to wear socks where ever I walk here, even after getting out of the shower. The carpet doesn't look like it was vacuumed at all. There are cobwebs all over the ceiling and spiders sometimes come down from those cobwebs (one was right in front of my face while hanging down). There was no documentation stating that there was no Dishwasher, and the drying rack is disgusting looking with black and green stains all over it. The counter top in the kitchen is gross, with yellow and red stains on it, and they won't wash out. The internet was sub-par at best, but after purchasing the better internet for $30 a month, the speed went up considerably, but the reliability did not at all, and I still get frequent disconnects. The documentation states that there should be an uplink plug in the room to access the internet via a LAN cable, but I looked around, called the main office, and it isn't here. Some of the staff here are complete morons and have no idea how to solve even the most basic problems, attempting to understand what I said to them with a dumb look while saying "uhmmm" the whole time. The ceiling isn't well insulated and I can easily hear people above me, but at least they aren't too loud. Overall, I will not be staying here again, and I will not recommend staying here, but I will stay the rest of my reservation time, as it's too late to stay anywhere else for these prices.

Just because I pay $80 a night at a hotel within 30 minutes drive of DC doesn't let you say "well you get what you pay for" (that is what the person at the front desk told me when I compared this place to the Residence Inn I just came from that charged $135 a night for a 1 bedroom suite). I'm paying for a nice place to stay at an affordable price, that means that it should be no frills. I can understand not having a dishwasher, you can consider that a "frill," but if the substitute for it is a disease infested plastic drying board, that isn't what I'm paying for. This place is NOT getting cleaned, and it honestly doesn't seem like it has been cleaned in months. When I first arrived, the person at the front desk said that it was cleaned before I arrived, and there was food particles on the counter-top. That means that either the room wasn't cleaned and I was lied to, or the room was cleaned and the cleaning crew is incompetent. Either way, I'm not paying less money to not have my room cleaned properly, that is ridiculous and the hotel should take more responsibility for these conditions.

In the end, it was pretty disgusting, and I can't wait until my stay is over so I can move in to my apartment. Words of advise: don't use the silverware and dishes they give you, no one cleans them at all, buy your own tissues/toilet paper/paper towels, the tissues and toilet paper they provide are like sand paper, and there aren't any paper towels at all, wear socks/slippers the entire time while here, the floor is disgusting, and it feels like there is 10 years worth of filth soaked into the tile floor, make sure the door is closed when you leave, a couple times I have left and the door never fully closed (good thing I double checked).

If you want somewhere to stay that is affordable, find somewhere further away from DC, or pay a little extra.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Homestead Washington, D.C. - Falls Church - Merrifield. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am. We strive to ensure that our guests have an exceptional stay, so the experience you described is truly regrettable. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have brought each of the issues you expressed to the attention of our staff.

USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

I have stayed at this location multiple times over the past 8 years and have have experienced a consistent level of quality and service.  The rooms are clean enough and fairly comfortable, but the renovation is aging.  The location is quite.  The staff are generally helpful.  This hotel is the best you can expect in this price range in this area.  Most of the clientele are contract workers in town for a job during the week and they leave on the weekends.  Due to the residential nature this brings, the hotel has created a picnic area and has a grill you can use.  It is walking distance from two shopping plazas with several decent restaurants, a CVS, Starbucks, nail salon, gas station, McDonalds, and Staples.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
U.S.A.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2011

Has working kitchen. Relatively clean. Meant for extended stay guests.

Not within walking distance to a Metro station. Have to drive or cab.

There was a rally going on during my stay, so I had to take a cab all the way into DC for a meeting which was expensive. I could've just stayed in a more expensive place in DC had I known this would've happened.

They charge you for internet wifi.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2010

On short notice, I booked lodging for a Washington DC museum and Monument family trip with kids 11 and 13. After reading a range of online reviews (I question if guests are really writing many of them), the place seemed OK for the price. We planned to spend most of our time seeing the sights and wanted a place near the subway. A basic, value lodging seemed to fit the bill.

STAFF
The office staff were helpful at check in and even printed out sight seeing vouchers that I ordered online for a tour of DC.

CLEANING
The hotel was advertised as an "extended stay" hotel. Maybe I should know better, but this also meant that house cleaning was once a week which didnt provide much service for a 3 night stay. The room had a oder similar to old smoke (in a non smoking room) and a musty smell. The kids response on entering the room was "this place smells bad". The towels were not changed daily either. Likely could have gotten more if we asked but managed with same towels for the three days.

HOTEL
No pool, no business centre (office staff did print something for me), no breakfasts. There was access to a local Golds gym but not suitable for kids.

ROOM
The room had a mini kitchen - which was a desired feature. We were able to walk and shop at a CVS drug store for breakfast stuff.

BEDS
Queen bed and pull out couch - The queen bed was firm and basic. Not bad. The pull out was as expected uncomfortable.

RASH
I main reason I am writing this "review" is that I have had a strange rash on my stomach and chest (I sleep on my chest) that started on the last day of the trip and is persitent 4 days later. I attibute this to beding and infrequent cleaning of the rooms. I have real concerns about the posibility of bed bugs at the hotel and getting into our luggage and coming home. After washing all the clothes I am hopful that any bugs did not come home or survive the washing. I would not stay at this hotel or other budget / extended stay hotels. You get what you pay for and sometimes more negatives than expected.

Internet
Worked fine. A fee of about $5 to get an access code.

LOCATION
We were able to take a taxi to the Metro (subway) for about $8. There was also a bus stop within 50 yards of the hotel. Access to Washington was great. There was an all day subway pass for $8 after 9:30 am that seemed to be the best deal and the timing worked well (after rush hour etc.). The Metro was frequent an provided convienent access to the Mall. The bus required an additional fee unlike Toronto (where we are from) that has an all day pass for bus and metro/subway. There were a few restaurants within walking distance of the hotel (Wendy's, 5 Guys, Panda buffet, Starbucks). The challenge was that the area was not designed for pedestrians. To get to the CVS and restuarants we had to cross highway off ramps that did not even have lights for pedestrians. We had to watch the highway ramp lights to ensure the cars were stopped. The 5 guys restuarant had great bugers and fries.

TYSON Corners Mall
was about a 10 minute taxi ride from the hotel. Lots of food options. Huge mall and great move theatre. The shopping was good but not a lot of value / sales. Worth the trip.

I dont normally write these things but wanted to give a "real" feedback about the place. Next time I would pay more for regular cleaning, better standard, pool, location and breakfast.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Montana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2009

I have three basic criteria for lodging: (1). Was I physically safe? (2). Was I physically comfortable? and (3). Would a reasonable person conclude I got what I paid for? All other observations about a property are meaningless if the property doesn’t meet these three criteria to my satisfaction. The Homestead Suites, Falls Church met and exceeded my criteria.

We had never stayed before at the Homestead Suites, Falls Church. It is actually not in Falls Church, VA, but in Fairfax; VA so don’t be confused here. I chose it from a Trip Advisor report as the Homestead Suites was nearby to our relatives when we visited Washington D.C. The Suites are also very conveniently situated just off Interstate-495 and Highway 50, plus just minutes south from the Dunn-Loring Merrifield Metro Station.

Many people do not know about this quite, secluded, and affordable Homestead Suites hotel. Nestled in an upscale corporate neighborhood on a quiet, pleasant and uncongested business street, this Homestead Suites Hotel seems intentionally hidden from view for guests who just want a convenient out-of-the-way place to stay that won’t kill your lodging budget.

I telephoned the hotel and made reservations directly. Check-in was flawless with the front desk staff helpful and very friendly. We had one room with queen-size bed: cost $115.00 USD per night. Maid service is optional and costs $3.00 USD per day. Internet access also costs extra, but I didn’t use it so I didn’t get the price per day. Compare this with other nearby hotels which quoted me $225.00 USD per night.

The property is two-story with exterior entrances using coded key-card locks. Elevators can take you to the second floor too. Normally I am not comfortable with exterior room entrances, but given the quiet, upscale and secluded neighborhood, the outside entrance situation didn’t concern me here. The rooms seem smaller than most suite hotels, but the modern and well-kept kitchenettes and room suited us fine. The queen bed was the most comfortable hotel bed I’ve slept in for years.

Our room was showing faint signs of wear but nothing unreasonable. All appliances, lights, plumbing, television and television remote control were in very good working condition. We ate our light breakfast in our suite. A day later we found a delightful café in the nearby Willow Oaks office building directly across the quiet street north of the Homestead Suites. We ate a very well-prepared and affordable breakfast in that café. Just follow the signs through the back entrance of the corporate building.

Given my criteria of safety, comfort and affordability, the Homestead Suites, Falls Church met and exceeded my criteria. I highly recommend it for business and tourist travelers to the Washington D.C. area. We will definitely return to this hotel.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
DcWatcher, Hotel Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Falls Church - Merrifield, responded to this review, March 18, 2009
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Homestead Washington, D.C. - Falls Church - Merrifield. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels(sm) will remain the #1 extended stay lodging source in the North America.

Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Additionally, you can always book the best rate on nearly 700 hotels across the U.S. and in Canada on our website. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words.
Hampton, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2008

Accommodations were excellent, especially EXTENDING our check out time to allow us to wait for our son as he completed his interview at fhe neighboring hospital. That was truly appreciated!

How kind of to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Homestead Washington, D.C. - Falls Church - Merrifield. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is ""Excellence Every Day, Every Way"", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

It would, of course, be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future. Also, know that any of our nearly 700 Extended Stay Hotels(sm) locations is eager to serve you in most major metro areas in the U.S. and in Canada. Search for them at any time by going to our website. Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels.

Been to Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Falls Church - Merrifield? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Falls Church - Merrifield

Address: 8281 Willow Oaks Corporate Drive, Fairfax, VA 22031 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites)
Location: United States > Virginia > Fairfax
Free Parking Wheelchair access
Ranked #18 of 22 hotels in Fairfax
Hotel Class:2 star — Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Falls Church - Merrifield 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Extended Stay, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Falls Church - Merrifield reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Homestead Falls Church Hotel Fairfax
Extended Stay America Fairfax

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Washington, D.C. - Falls Church - Merrifield, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.