“Great time!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
“Great time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

My sister and I had a great meal here! Our server Matt was great even with a broken wrist!!! We will be back the next time I'm in town.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

90% Recommend
Fort Benning, Georgia
“Solid pub fare”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

Ate lunch here with a group of 7 - including two young children. Service was very accommodating and quickly set up a table for us. They have an extensive menu of burgers, pizzas, salads and sandwiches including a page full of gluten free choices. They did not have a good selection of low calorie choices and the only low calorie salad dressing available was a balsamic vinaigrette. The burgers were very good as was the turkey avocado bacon club. I substituted the asparagus for my side for $1.50 surcharge and was a bit disappointed to only get about 8 small spears - would have been better with the fresh vegetables. For soft drinks they offer Pepsi products. Tab for the 7 (with no alcohol) came out to $100 including tip.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Falls Church, Virginia, United States
“Fish and Chips were terrible”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

I've had many excellent experiences at Dogfish Head Alehouse, however, this was not one of them. One of the reasons I return to this restaurant is because they typically have fresh food, cooked to order and at reasonable prices. I was EXTREMELY disappointed with the fish and chips entree that I ordered tonight. Rather than what I expected, which was something that looked like a whole fish breaded and fried crispy, I received 4 SMALL square shaped tubes of fish. The insides were overcooked and tough, while the breading was soft and did not resemble the typical beer batter at all. If I was going to eat something the same quality as the frozen food section of Safeway, I should not be charged $15 for the meal. I can't even begin to express my disappointment at this meal and considering all the other good food I've had in the past. Dogfish Head Alehouse should really take this off the menu as it does not live up to their reputation.

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Virginia
“Four star pub food, five star beer”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

I'm not sure I'd make a special trip from a distance for the food, although the food is good, the menu has a little bit of something for almost everyone, and I've never been disappointed with anything I ordered. But THE BEER, THE BEER! You'd have to be crazy not to love the beer.

We've come here over several years for family celebrations and for dinners with friends, there is often a wait, and it can get loud. There is a bar area and an area of booths and tables. Service is fine, servers are helpful, know the menu and the beers, but it can get a bit rushed when the place fills up. But...THE BEER!

The descriptions of the various brews are detailed, which is good because they brew some very interesting and unusual things at Dogfish. You can try a little taste or have a big full glass. Or several. Come thirsty, you'll be glad you did.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Scarsdale, New York
“I like the Brew”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

I rate it excellent because I really love the 90 minute IPA which is available on tap here. AS far as the meal is concerned, it's a pub and nothing really more. It's good pub food but keep in mind, this place exists to sell beer and ale.

If you're after a really well made craft brew, this is your place. Just don't go expecting fine dining or you will be disappointed.

Overall it's OK but it's noisy and it probably isn't for the kids - too many adults being children. Enjoy the beer and view the food as nothing more than something to fill the belly.

• Visited July 2013